Battlesbridge Grand Motorbilia Show, Essex. 27 Sept.

smiffy220

We discussed this show at our recent pub meet, and I've just looked up the details. Last year we had a six car stand at this show and a really good day was had by all.

I'd like to put on another club stand this year, and would like to better 6 cars if possible. Entry for club stands are a little steep at £10 a car, this gets the driver and one passenger admittance also, but this is due to the popularity of this event and having to reserve space on the field, so it needs commitment please.

It does mean an earlyish start, depending on where you're coming from, but we'd need to meet up and go in by 8.30am I would suggest. Those that came last year can vouch for the queues to get in if you're much later.

Link to the event page is here:- www.battlesbridge.com/event/sep/2015/29th_grand_motorbilia_day

But there are cars, bikes, lorries, military, all sorts there. Plus beer tent, live bands, prizes, autojumble, you name it.

Need firm numbers please and I'll sort an entry. Will need to payments at the next monthly meet please if ok?

Thanks,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Happy to discuss, will go with the majority. I'll look the show up in Kent, but from what the guys were saying at the last meet, it didn't appear to be a big show and I was hoping to see the show season out with a bang so to speak, so Battlesbridge fits the bill.

I was just hoping to get to a show full stop !  One because i haven't  had the chance to get to many ,weather  ect. And two i will not be able to go next year ,as the end of season sept show of choice would be my final for a bit as end of sept i shall be sorning  off again to get much overdue stuff sorted. So was hoping for a good one ,and a run to margate  would have been great but i am more than happy to go to battlesbridge  show as i equally  enjoy that too. Only and is is very small niggle i found with that was by about  3.30 -4pm it all cones to an end rather abruptly lol. But as i say it's not a prob as its a good show and if was like last year ,was a good turn out . I will remember  to take some robust gloves to put up the banner on that back fence as last year got shredded  to ribbons almost by the brambles ! So if its dave ,me ,brian and nicky ,stuart ,dom ,karl ,wendy ,dean,jay  also sharon and jim . We should have a cracker of a stand ..... 

So as yet this has not generated much interest  unfortunately.  Shame as those have been before will know its a really good show.  Classic cars ,American  cars .bikes and trikes ,autojumble. Antiques and more . 

So following our pub meet last night, we now have 5 confirmed and paid for this event, with at least another 2-3 likely, and I think we can get more. I've enquired after a 10 car stand.

Paid are:- Me, Karl, Brian, Paul, Sharon, Wendy, Dean, Richard.

Possibles:- Jay, Dom

I'll send some texts to see who else I can persuade. If we over subscribe, it may mean having reserves.

Edited by smiffy220

Jim and I are really looking forward to Battlesbridge too.

I will try and make some gingerbread beforehand to bring with me lol.

Paul, there is a show at Aylesford Priory on the 13th September if you want another show to go to.  It's a fiver per car with two people.  Not massive but usually a nice turnout of cars.  We are booked in for that one but you can turn up on the day too but you need to get there early.  Kent Classic Car Show. 

• Like 1

They've agreed an 8 car stand so far. I'm trying to push for more, but it is a really popular show and I'm late submitting an entry.

5 are paid, so it will be first come first served for the other 3 places. If I can then get more spaces, we can sort out then.

Dave

Hi sharon i have just seen your post about the Aylesford priory show. Yes I'd  love to come along.  Hope i am not too late to  get in though. How can i reserve a place ? As i would ideally  like to be with yourself  and jim to keep mantas  together.

Dave thats great news if its 8 plus cars we could set a record .

• 3 weeks later...

Hope we are all still set for the coming sunday ? also did we get anymore than the eight that already booked Dave?

happy with the eight though of course,thats a good manta turnout and am really looking forward to going as it could be the last show for a little while.

it is a really great day out for all the family not to be missed.

• Like 1

I would suggest we need to meet at the meet point near the venue about 8.15am, so you'll need to leave Thurrock services by 7.45am. Perhaps you all meet there about 7.30am?

Sorry its an early one. I'll add directions to the meet point in Battlesbridge tomorrow.

Edited by smiffy220

Ok everybody, lets get ready for Sunday, fingers crossed the weather is supposed to be ok.

For those coming from the M25 direction, if you meet at Thurrock Services for 7.30 and head off just before 7.45, but 7.45 latest, you should be with me in Battlesbridge about 8.15am. Paul, I assume you'll come straight to Battlesbridge?

If the rest of you leave Thurrock Services and get on the A13 eastbound and head passed Basildon and Pitsea, stay on the A13 where it forks just passed Pitsea, keeping to right hand lanes. You'll then come to a roundabout, but if you keep left before it, you can use a slip lane and join the A130 towards Chelmsford. About 2-3 miles along the A130 you want the first exit towards A132 Wickford or South Woodham Ferrers. It's actually the A132 towards South Woodham Ferrers you need for our meeting point. Expect things to be busy with classic cars around this junction. Don't follow them though, we'll be meeting elsewhere first and going in together.

Leave the A130 slip road and keep left at the traffic lights. Join the A132 and head towards the Rettendon Turnpike roundabout, about 200 yds. Take the third exit of the roundabout, A132 towards South Woodham Ferrers/Burnham on Crouch. About 3/4 mile along this road is a double pull in on the right, the entry for Hayes Caravan Park. It's directly opposite The Lodge Pub/Restaurant. If you pull into the 2nd entrance, then we can line up there ready to head into the show in convoy. It gets manic getting in, but hopefully we can keep sight of each other this way.

Any questions, let me know. See you Sunday.

Great pace notes dave,just a shame my co driver is crap with maps/directions !!!!!!!

seriously though mate is this the post code for the meet point 

Burnham Rd, Battlesbridge, Wickford, Essex SS11 7QT

so set u alarms and I'll see you all at Thurrock for 7.30 

• Like 1

I drive a lot slower with my Old Gurl so will leave a bit earlier and have made arrangements already to meet up with Paul and Barry.  They will know where to meet and we will follow them if that's ok.  My Gurl is a bit temperamental so need to make sure I give her plenty of time to get there.  Hope that's ok.  

• Like 1

of course that's ok Sharon I can be with you just before 8pm . I know how you like to give the old gurl a little more time unlike me with racey gracey lol. (I do tend to have lead in my right foot lol ) theres no holding her back....

really really looking forward to this . I take it you don't know what spot we have yet dave . let me know if you need any help with things on the Saturday .

• Like 1