New member saying Hi...............

Sunbmw

Morning everyone, my name is Lee and I have recently (yesterday) became a Manta owner after many years of threatening to do so. I had a Cavalier Coupe in 1992, and it was one of my favourite cars, but I have one car that runs through my veins, and that is the Talbot Sunbeam, but, as I said, I have been on the hunt for a Manta to join my brace of Sunbeams for a while. So, the car, well I saw it on Gumtree a few weeks ago, and just thought I would go have a look and see, as it sounded like a decent, saveable car but with the usual bodywork issues, and I was right. But, what I was surprised at, is it seems it has a genuine 55,000 miles on the clock, the interior is very nice, and altogether looks like a good solid base to make a nice thing out of. My intentions? Not sure yet, I will start a project thread as soon as I start, but not sure what direction I will go in yet, as I already have two rally car projects, so I may just make this a very nice road car to enjoy. It may get one of the many Red Tops installed, or not, who knows yet!

Anyway, here she is and a few pics of my other toys........

image.jpg5_zpsdt5cnvjm.jpgimage.jpg1_zpsymoqkk23.jpgimage.jpg6_zpsroh7zyyp.jpgimage.jpg7_zpsjefsb2dl.jpgimage.jpg2_zpsrveu7fee.jpgimage.jpg1_zps14qorjnu.jpgimage.jpg4_zpssfvdjffy.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Lee welcome to the OMOC club just looking at the speedo it states 5,582 not 55,000 so it prob should read 105,582 hope I'm wrong but pretty certain its gone round the clock its a nice project car though 

Hi Lee welcome to the OMOC club just looking at the speedo it states 5,582 not 55,000 so it prob should read 105,582 hope I'm wrong but pretty certain its gone round the clock its a nice project car though 

Oops! what a dummy! First post as well! Hey ho. The interior and steering wheel certainly don't look 105,000 miles old, but then again, they were quite a durable car I suppose.

• Like 2

Hi mate, and welcome along. I'm also a huge Manta and Sunbeam fan. I used to rally Sunbeams, in fact my last one was about the same colour red as the one in your pics, with a cage, with the series 2 front end also.

Love to see more pics of the Sunbeams. What you using them for?

Hi mate, and welcome along. I'm also a huge Manta and Sunbeam fan. I used to rally Sunbeams, in fact my last one was about the same colour red as the one in your pics, with a cage, with the series 2 front end also.

Love to see more pics of the Sunbeams. What you using them for?

Hi Smiffy.......... The Sunbeams are both stage rally cars, the Red car is a proper "Group 2" replica, which will have a proper 2.6 Lotus and ZF 'box, 4HA etc. The Black car (which is further along) is my "anything goes" lightweight tarmac car, so that one will be XE powered with some kind of Sequential 'box and already sitting on a fully floating Atlas. Both cars are a good few months (and pounds!) away yet, but I have always loved the Manta too, and just speculating that the values of all retro RWD metal seems to be rocketing, I thought I would get a decent base now and sit on it. 

I had both of the Sunbeam shells dipped, and as I have started to strip the Manta already, I will probably get that done too. My biggest thing is gonna be the roof, I would look at deleting the Sunroof, and in an ideal world would fit a full roof skin, but it seems that these are best described as "rare"........ ;-)