1972 Opel Manta A Series (Beast) For Sale

DiMarco

Hello All,

Just before I go into everything the car is currently having a new stainless steel full exhaust system made including new manifolds. So once that is finished the car will be able to be seen but if you are interested let me know.

After a very hard decision I have decided to part with my A series which was turned into a street legal drag car before I bought it. I am selling her as I hardly used it and I am looking to purchase my first house which is more important. The car as said doesn't get used much and really should be driven and adored. For those who don't know the car was bought about 2 years ago and required a lot of work as she was very tired and sat for a number of years. The car has been restored by Chris at CR Classics a fellow member of this club and he has done a great job. If any doubt please feel free to talk to Chris Collier, Tony G or Paul Barrett as they have seen the car and heard her running. The car itself has had thousands spend on restoring her back to her former glory. I have a box here of her history that goes back years and I have added to through the restoration please see below for spec.

The spec is below

• Ford Mustang 351 Cleveland 5.8 litre V8 ( I have a receipt for forged pistons and from removing the rocker covers and seeing the valves I would believe they are fitted )
  • Holley Carb
  • FMX 3 speed trans (Auto)
  • Reconditioned torque converter
  • Camaro rear axle (welded rear diff)
  • Custom Stainless Steel exhaust system including manifolds
  • Hurst ratchet shifter
  • NOS hooked up empty
  • Britax sunroof
  • Gaz fully adjustable suspension
  • Manta 400 mirrors
  • Auto Meter gauges
  • K&N air filter
  • Boot race tank
  • Race fuel pump
  • MSD Ignition Kit

If you are interested in the car then please PM me and I will come straight back to you.

£15000 ONO

Edited by DiMarco

• 1 month later...

Hello from Seattle, USA. First new car was a 74, dark blue. There is a yellow 75 derelict near where I work and I've been thinking how neat it would be to put a V-8 in it. Came across your thread this AM. Wow! Saw the video. So cool man! Sad to part with her. Did you sell her?You did a wonderful thing by restoring her!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello from Seattle, USA. First new car was a 74, dark blue. There is a yellow 75 derelict near where I work and I've been thinking how neat it would be to put a V-8 in it. Came across your thread this AM. Wow! Saw the video. So cool man! Sad to part with her. Did you sell her?You did a wonderful thing by restoring her!

Hello Buddy,

Thank you so much for the nice comment i cant take much of the credit chris at CR classics must take it really as he did an amazing job getting her to the current glory. She is still with me at the moment as i have just got her back from getting work done and need to do a bit more to make it full great. She has the amazing 351 cleveland and have to say you americans know how to make a V8 :D i love it sounds amazing and the power ow my god always brings a smile to my face when i think about that first drive. if you put a ford lump in it you wont have to change the chassis rails as the cleveland fits between them nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful.... must be hard to part, understand the house funding bit as need to find the deposit myself before June :unsure: to buy the place we are renting as don't want to ever have to move house again! 

But haven't been able to resist the lure fully and am looking at a cheaper entry level project for now.

• 3 weeks later...