KEEFO 543

Hi have just joined after picking up my first manta its a 2.0 auto which had been dry stored in a body shop i am looking for advise/parts as a lot of the internal trim had been removed, the dash is still all intact and it started today for the first time in nearly two years its going to need a fair bit of work but structualy all the work has been done so if any one can help it would be greatly appreciated

HI am in Newport i have sourced a few parts of e bay but am really looking for a nice interior seats carpet and door cards plus door windows i just want to get it up to a reasonable spec and then decide which way to go with it have got to apply for the paperwork as the guy who owned it died and everything was thrown out including all the parts he had stripped ready for painting i still dont now the year or reg just that its a 2.0 auto manta sr many thanks p,s have got photos on facebook

Hi Keith, welcome aboard.

There are a number of us who are not on insta-twit-face-chat, but you can now post images dirrect on here (couldn't on the old forum) we would like to see the Manta you have found.

Incidently you'll be able to join the South Wales temperance society, ask Spinney Norman about the Billing Initiation ceremony........

Edited by MANTAMAN

Your Manta looks like decent example, true missing trim and fittings but it is straight.

How solid underneath is it ? (the prime rust location being the chassie rails where the rear of the front subframe attaches and the front jacking points)

You will have to start a thread in the projects section.

Hi underneath is solid the only bits of welding i can see is the two primed areas on each rear sill , inner sills boot and under bonnet are all mint ,chassie and jacking points all original. am now on the hunt for all the missing interior/trim headlights rear lights carpets seats door glass rubber seals wiper motor and arms door locks, so if anyone has any usefull spares will be more than happy to buy many thanks