Another example of why you should join the club

mantaray

Just been down to vauxhall to see about getting some new rear air assist shocks for my omega.

£260 inc vat retail

£164inc vat with trade club

So thats 4 years free membership to the club saving.

And just as a point of interest the cheapest I could find aftermarket shocks was £230.

• Like 7

Just been down to vauxhall to see about getting some new rear air assist shocks for my omega.

£260 inc vat retail

£164inc vat with trade club

So thats 4 years free membership to the club saving.

And just as a point of interest the cheapest I could find aftermarket shocks was £230.

Chris, you say with trade club,is that the Vauxhall trade club (which I'm a member of) or manta club card discount.

Its just that my local Vauxdship donot recognize or accept my clubcard.??

Also i thought you were selling your 15th panzer division:lol: omega on,as brilliant  it is, (ultimate workhorse)

Edited by evo3000

Unfortunately, it is at the discretion of each dealer, as they don't have to be part of the Vauxhall trade club scheme.

So - ask if your dealer is part of the Trade Club scheme, if so, they should be able to accept the OMOC trade club number, which is printed on your membership card (I am not going to discuss that on the forum!)

I have just found out that my local dealer is leaving the Trade Club Scheme, so I will have to order from their sister dealership, which just happens to be Brandish Vauxhall, where Chris got his Omega Shocks from. Its not a massive problem though, as they can put it through their books and have the parts delivered the same day on the parts run.....just sounds worse than it is.

I would think that most people in here are on first names terms with the parts managers at their local Vauxhall dealers?.....or is it just me. I have been out for beers with Andy from my local garage! He used to come and see my band play quite regularly! If you get matey with them, it is amazing the stuff that they can find for you. I even got a free set of number plates for my Monaro last year, as I mentioned that they were looking "a bit tatty"......keeps me going back to them time and again and probably didn't cost them more than  a couple of quid.

• Like 1

We have 2 dealers in Coventry, Tile Hill Vauxhall and Brandish Vauxhall, but only Brandish do Trade card. Bit of a shame really as I live in Tile Hill.:angry:

If your local Vauxhall dealer does not do Trade Club, I'm sure they will be able to tell you which dealers in the area do.

Also you get people who really want to help keep your Manta sound and saved and they will give you invaluable advice on how to keep it on the road. That's what car clubs are about. Making friends, meeting like minded people and helping each other as much as possible.

• Like 1

I've been banging on about this for ages, find a trade club friendly Vauxhall dealer and your membership of the club soon becomes free.

Perhaps there needs to be a seperate section in the members area that can have a thread for every dealer who honours trade club, company name and location in the title, dirrections to get there as a sticky at the top of the thread, then each time a member buys from this dealer they add a note to keep that dealer information upto date

• Like 1

I think Andy C is looking at putting a list together for this - if not Ian, perhaps it can be raised at the next VBOA meeting. We all need to know which dealers are part of the trade club scheme now that Vauxhall have completely rationalised the whole thing. I understand that nationally there are only about 80 trade club dealers, so not such good coverage as in the good old days.

Hi Paul, this has been discussed at length at a VBOA meeting some time back and it was concluded that it would be good if there was a list of dealers honouring trade club and would people put forward details of these dealers, that is as far as it got !!!

Which is why i have suggested a seperate forum section, each time a member 'discovers' a dealer honouring trade club they start a thread with name and location of the dealer and a sticky of dirrections to that dealer.

This information could be passed up to VBOA level which might encourage other clubs to start similar sections / threads on thier forums and pass the imformation they have gathered up to the VBOA, this way a national picture of Vauxhall Trade club could emerge.

This could also lead to increased useage and maybe better national courage of the sceme, failing that it would show to Vauxhall they have a brand loyal group of owners that it would be worth while supporting in some way.

Charles Warner in Lincoln have lost the dealership now Ben, not sure if the new lot will be so accommodating.

Yes, I wasn't aware of that until I went to buy a battery this morning and found the place full of MGs!

The new dealer is Pentagon and they are on Tritton Road next to Mazda / Renault etc.  They do trade club there.  I must be a mug for originality, because the GM battery was still £17 more expensive than one from the motor factors...

• 1 month later...