B Coupe Lock set (ideally) or Ignition Barrel

Phil N

I did post this in 'Parts locator' so apologise if this is a repeat but I had no joy and I'm kinda desperate now!

B Coupe, my key has now worn too much and it doesn't work in the ignition barrell, the keys last journey was in my shorts pocket in the washing machine (don't know whether that was a coincidence!)

Ideally I'd like a complete set (two doors, boot and ignition) with one key but not sure if I'm asking too much, a brand new set would be amazing (ducks for cover!!)

Currently the car is on my driveway blocking my garage and I can only move it in a straight line as the steering lock is on.... HELP!

First thing i'd try is getting a new key cut using the old one as a pattern.

Key cutting machines can't follow the curves of a worn key exactly so you get a little bit more meat around the worn down points so recovering from a bit of the wear. I've used this technique before to get a working key again from a worn one and its worked for me.

Might be worth a go so you can move the car again. Don't forget to remove the ignition barrel from the housing you need to be able to turn the key to be able to push the release mechanism. Otherwise you need to chisel out the shear bolt and replace the housing and barrel together.