3.0 i240 Kitted Coupe

Not this bloody listing AGAIN! It's getting boring (yawn).

:lol:sounds like you've lost your manta mojo mate.:lol:

I personally recommend you go and see doc manta,so he can prescribe you a daily viewing of manta magic,that should get you back on track.:D

• Like 3

Still listed as a 400 replica-_- 

May as well go the whole hog and say it's ex works :huh:

What! I thought it was RM30 the ex-works safari manta as driven by Rauno Aaltonen in 85,you've burst my bubble now thanks alot.:angry:;)

• Like 1

yeah it's RM30.....been converted to 4 stud and 3.0 ltr 12v

Oh and i240 kit:wacko:

joking aside there's no denying this is a nice motor,the engine conversion looks to of been done well,the seller only bought it a few months ago off someone in Wolverhampton,the auction was ended early with a 7,5k starting bid so its fair to say current seller paid about that for it,bearing in mind he wants between 7-8k so he's only trying to recoup his money.   

As for selling it so soon,may of been a heart buy then realized he could not justify it afterall (nagging wife) most of us have been there:angry:

As for the 400 replica tag,hey it is a 400....................road kit so its almost there .B)

I forgot to mention the inner beauty bit.....then again maybe not.

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 3

Yes this may have been listed many times and it is advertised as a 400 replica, not an original, true it should perhaps be described as an i240 replica but seller might not be a complete Manta Anorack like us !!

But put this to one side and look at the car itself, this looks like a really good Manta and great value when you consider people (fools ?) are paying double this for a For... Fo... Frod Scrote with a crossflow engine on a single carb.

• Like 2

yeah it's RM30.....been converted to 4 stud and 3.0 ltr 12v

Oh and i240 kit:wacko:

I've found the real McCoy,well the xmas stocking filler version anyway:lol:

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=de&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.de%2Fitm%2FSchuco-05542-Opel-Manta-B400-Rallye-Aaltonten1-43-%2F171915633864%3Fhash%3Ditem2806f864c8%3Ag%3A56wAAOSw3ydVrlMz

• Like 1

Hi guys I just purchased this one today im based in Ireland the guy genuinely didn't know much about the car I haven't seen it in the flesh yet but my friend checked it out and as far as he can see it checks out and yes I did purchase on impulse does anyone on here know much about it cheers jonny.

• Like 1

cheers bud cant wait to get it home should have it back here by wednesday , im toying around with what to do to improve any suggestions , im very happy that it is a i240 replica personally i think the 400 is too lairy sorry no offence to anyone first thing i want to get is the i240 decals for front airdam and rear and also opel emblem for nose cone could anyone suggest where to get thanks. jonny

• Like 1

cheers bud cant wait to get it home should have it back here by wednesday , im toying around with what to do to improve any suggestions , im very happy that it is a i240 replica personally i think the 400 is too lairy sorry no offence to anyone first thing i want to get is the i240 decals for front airdam and rear and also opel emblem for nose cone could anyone suggest where to get thanks. jonny

The OMOC do the basic sticker kits like SR and GTE Exclusive which are as close to the original design unlike others. There is a guy on eBay from around Chester area that does the 400 and other sticker kits he might have or will be able to make you the i240 stickers.

The OMOC do the basic sticker kits like SR and GTE Exclusive which are as close to the original design unlike others. There is a guy on eBay from around Chester area that does the 400 and other sticker kits he might have or will be able to make you the i240 stickers.

Hi mate,the company that robah mentions is aj's decals here is a link to one of their ebay ads for a manta decal but if you scroll down you will come to the i240 decals which are made to order in your colour preference.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OPEL-MANTA-DECALS-/120811793598?hash=item1c20f1acbe:m:mpTgDlBNE_OmqKGyvfGYzvA

Also their is a company in Germany who does them called retrolabor . I have purchased anthracite i240 decals from them brilliant quality and service.

Here is a link to one of their ebay ads,note they are listed as satin black or anthracite but will do other colours like the golden yellow.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-OPEL-MANTA-ASCONA-i240-LOGO-EMBLEM-DEKOR-MOTORSPORT-RALLYE-SCHWARZ-ANTHRAZIT-B-/331236340482?hash=item4d1f397302:g:G2gAAOSwhh5ToBZk

Very nice purchase btw, and I hope it serves you well,you should join the club so you can become a fully fledged anorak:lol::thumbup

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 1