Rear Seat belts for '78 Coupe?

Berlinetta

had a little dig around the worldinterwidewebnetwork and found Stafford Vehicle Componants selling these kits -

Stafford Vehicle Componants - seat belt kits - click here

Don't know if anyone has used them or fitted thier belts.

It might be possible to obtain secondhand Manta Seat Belts though it is an item that is sort after hence quite rare.

There is one advantage with the Manta, it already come with the captive nuts for rear seat belts welded into the shell.

• Like 1

I have these on my ebay watch list 

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Opel-Manta-B-Rear-Static-3-Point-Seat-Belt-Kit-Black-/181283371881?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE

$_1.JPG

As my Mrs is not to keen to have kids in the back without seat belts 

That reminds me my front ones don't retract properly either!? 

Maybe installed wrong? 

Is it a common manta problem? 

• Like 1

That reminds me my front ones don't retract properly either!? 

Maybe installed wrong? 

Is it a common manta problem? 

My 1984 Gold Hatch has this problem with the drivers seat belt and this Manta has had very low usage (33k miles), i think it is possibly the retraction spiral springs getting weak with age because they are always under tension.

My 1984 Gold Hatch has this problem with the drivers seat belt and this Manta has had very low usage (33k miles), i think it is possibly the retraction spiral springs getting weak with age because they are always under tension.

Mine has the same problem. I wonder is it possible to replace the tension/retraction spring?

Thanks GTREA, those rear belts could be the answer to my search. I wonder if they do them with a chrome buckle (i.e. at the end of the belt)?

The belts linked to by Mantaman are by Securon, they recommend the 264 as an inertia reel belt for the rear of a Manta B, or 200 as a static, and 210 as a lap belt. I've got a pair of their belts in the front of my A to replace the statics and have been very pleased with them. They should be available from most motor factors. You can order direct from Securon but you'll pay over the odds if you do, as they're not really interested in dealing direct to the end user.

Edited by 1900SR

I purchased my Securon Static Belts form Halfords at the beginning of the year.

The Hatch belts do not fit. They are mounted differently. 

There are some that say that there is an adaptor bracket which can be used, but I have not yet come across one. 

One other thing, be careful you dont open a can of worms here. I bought a pair of belts, successfully fitted the rear drivers side and was unable to fit the passenger side because there was rust around the mount. I have subsequently had the rear arch welded and all good now!

Darren

• Like 1

unable to fit the passenger side because there was rust around the mount.

I don't think that it is a good reason not to fit rear seat belts because the car is too rusty, if this is the case it is time to get the welder out !!

• Like 1

I intend to change my safety belts and fit rears, for earlier cars I have previously used the Securon site

http://www.securon.co.uk/applications/app_list/ntos/seat_belts_opel.htm 

for the type number, and then get them from KCP from Ebay as in static rears

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Securon-Seat-Belt-200-Lap-Diagnol-Belt-x1-/250678613996?hash=item3a5d9c17ec:m:mASQooLdNb3QKa3z-GTy2oA 

He does inertia as well, but for the fronts I'm not sure about the spring loaded "arm" by the sill. KCP are about 1/2 the VW sites (no scene tax is suspect!)

• Like 1