Empty Garage Syndrome

Scribe of Lincoln

Only 2 days since NOOP departed for the moister side of the Pennines and already JRD looks lonely.

I'm thinking about a decent 1800 hatch that's not been buggered about with and wont give me wet feet when I fill it up.  Quite fancy doing a bog standard 1.8 GT with steel wheels, as they all seem to have disappeared and the 1600 has given me a taste for austere motoring.

Alternatively I'm thinking Triumph 2000 / 2500 or an MG TF.

If you have anything suitable (and reasonably priced) please get in touch.

• Like 1

:lol:I wish I could empathize with you as I suffer from no garage whatsoever syndrome:(

Good call with the saving a 1800 gt project though.:thumbup

Sorry but not any in my neck of the woods that I know of.:D

• 2 weeks later...

MG TF, OMG.

WTF?

Sorry folks.

Bought an MG TF.

I know it's a MILF float but was a bargain and gives me something to tinker with while not costing me a fortune, so I can keep on top of JRD.

No jokes about Nail Bars please!

I won't joke about nail bars, old nails maybe....

Ben, when we met you seemed such a well grounded decent chap, and now you've bought a pre war designed car that has to be driven wearing a bobble hat and have a scotch egg in your pocket.

Oh well it could be worse, you could have bought one of those strange mid engined MG's with the K series engine, now that would be a disaster.:D

• Like 1

Ben, when we met you seemed such a well grounded decent chap, and now you've bought a pre war designed car that has to be driven wearing a bobble hat and have a scotch egg in your pocket.

Oh well it could be worse, you could have bought one of those strange mid engined MG's with the K series engine, now that would be a disaster.:D

It is the mid-engine one.  I like a challenge. :thumbup

• Like 1

Ben, you're too young to have a mid-life crisis !

Big John walks into his garage gazes at NOOP, sees how the engine is in the right place, facing in the right direction, and has no bits made by Rover. Big John sighs a contented sigh....................:D

• Like 1