Blown V8 Mattig Manta

Chull

Wow what an update. Enjoyed the video's. This is an example how dependent you are if you'r not a spanner monkey or don't have the place or tools. Can make me mad when I hear those stories but I'm happy you found a shop that solved your technical problems. The front of Mickfrad looks as the one you need👍, but if you look for bodyparts I know someone in Belgium that has got a lot of contacts with owners of those mattig Manta's. He reacted in your topic earlier: Mantalica and his website is "www.mantabclubhageland.be".

Succes with the repair.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mantasrme said:

Glad to see you finally got it on the road to enjoy driving it after all these years. Its been many many years since i sorted you out those parts, i don't think i even had my workshop then.

Yes it's been a while, I came round to your house and you had all your bits in a very tightly stuffed garden shed/garage. I'm glad you've got yourself a workshop now, it must make it much easier to find stuff.

11 hours ago, Mickfrad said:

Hi

car looks great, what a beast. 
I took a front panel off my car when I bought it to return my car back to original. If your interested I’ll dig it out of the garage tomorrow and take some photos.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Oh my god! the chances of finding a spare one of these!! I shall PM you as soon as I can. I didn't think I'd see one in the UK.

10 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

One happy man on his way when he sees that spare front! 

That is very much an understatement! I am ecstatic! Though maybe I should calm down so not to bump the price up, ahem, I sort of, might be interested in buying it? maybe?

2 hours ago, starmist said:

Wow, most people would have given up after all your bad luck, hope you get it all sorted and can enjoy it properly.

It is definitely a labour of love from my teenage years that would have been cheaper if it was just a phase I was going through.

The Manta project has lasted longer than my hair though and it's a never ending rollercoaster ride.

Edited by Chull

1 hour ago, H-400 said:

Wow what an update. Enjoyed the video's. This is an example how dependent you are if you'r not a spanner monkey or don't have the place or tools. Can make me mad when I hear those stories but I'm happy you found a shop that solved your technical problems. The front of Mickfrad looks as the one you need👍, but if you look for bodyparts I know someone in Belgium that has got a lot of contacts with owners of those mattig Manta's. He reacted in your topic earlier: Mantalica and his website is "www.mantabclubhageland.be".

Succes with the repair.

Thanks pal, you're correct I'm not a spanner monkey at all, I'll have a go at very minor stuff, but what I wanted all those years ago I knew was well beyond me using trial and error to bodge something together. I forgot the video that the new mechanics sent me to show the serious wheel plate defect, I'll add it after this reply. This clip kind of shows even with a well built car (originally from Hauser anyway) that over time with that amount of power going through you have to watch everything like a hawk or things will fly apart.

I have made contact with Mantalica, through this forum and Facebook, he has found another mattig grille somehow in Germany on an ebay spin off website, however it does say collection only so not sure if I can get that one or the one from another member of this club. I did not expect to have a choice, goes to show this is what a club like the OMOC is for. I have favourited his Belgium website also thank you. 

Not Dangerous at all:

Edited by Chull
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chull said:

Yes it's been a while, I came round to your house and you had all your bits in a very tightly stuffed garden shed/garage. I'm glad you've got yourself a workshop now, it must make it much easier to find stuff.

You'd think it would but more space means i can store more stuff so i still can't find stuff half the time :huh: Although some of that is not remembering if i've already used/sold a part that i remember having at one point and now can't find

Also there are 5 manta's in here in various states so the parts off them while i work on them take up a lot of room by themselves.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mantasrme said:

You'd think it would but more space means i can store more stuff so i still can't find stuff half the time :huh: Although some of that is not remembering if i've already used/sold a part that i remember having at one point and now can't find

Also there are 5 manta's in here in various states so the parts off them while i work on them take up a lot of room by themselves.

You need to shanghai some youngster into making you a database of all your parts as they come and go. 

It's certain I'll be round to see what you've got once I've got the bodywork/MoT sorted out, I have plenty more bits to acquire, so people like you are invaluable. 

• Like 1