GTE i 200

Winning bidder must have bottled it when they had seen how rusty it was :rolleyes: lets hope bidding stays sensible this time round.... I do want it but only at a fair price considering the amount of time it's gonna need and then the abuse I'll get off the Mrs for living in the garage and the constant cutting and grinding noises not to mention me swearing at it when I mess bits up :lol:

• Like 2

Its already near £500 personally i don't think its worth much more than that unless you want it to break for parts.

To build this into a good standard will cost a large amount of cash and also hours and hours of tricky welding, plus not all the panels required can be got new so you're searching for good second hand stuff to re-use. Plus it needs a roof skin or large glass sunroof to sort the rot around the sunroof.

I've got to say i'd be looking at something else to start with like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291611777258

Ok its not a late exclusive, but you could make it look like one with a whole lot less money than restoring that red one

• Like 2

Absolutely agree with mantasrme on this one,SGH is just calling out to therealexile.

The so called i200 is a gte manta with irmscher bits added from new,ie spoiler headlights and the i200 decals (customer car)

The only thing that keeps this one of interest is the fact that it was supplied by st from new,which is still worth something in my book.

However manta rust is still manta rust...:blink:......oh shut up.

• Like 1

Better luck with bidding this time therealexile. If you play your cards right you can keep the Mrs in your good books and have your car! 

The impression I got when I was looking at this manta was that the trader payed in the region of £1200.00 hence his original "windscreen" price £2250.00 if I was bidding I think I would need to make sure if it all went pearshape I could break it and get my money back. It's only my opinion but I hope it helps. 

SGH is calling for sure... it's a beauty it's almost a ginger like me (well before the white started appearing!) and I could tackle the bodywork up to the point of final paint. But it's just a little too much up front right now even though in the long run it would be much cheaper! If it was January I could do it even with the house pending... I have Christmas and my eldest's 18th just after which is going to cost me big time. I might have to sweet talk the Mrs and show her just what a looker SGH is, my only hope if I need to spend that much now :rolleyes:

• Like 1

TheRealExile SGH is up for £2450 on ebay but £2200 elsewhere, so thats already saved you money ;)

For facts to convince the Mrs, I'd emphasize that its an MOT'd and driveable car that just wants a little tidying down the line. Yes its more initial outlay but compared to the i200 its a lot cheaper in the long run.

Also the red one will see you in the garage for huge amount of hours of your spare time grinding and welding away. Rather than being able to spend time with her............Actually that could go either way in being a help or not  :unsure: 

Maybe in there rather than being able to do the things she wants you to do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...