Abandoned A Series in Aberdeen

• 2 months later...

I normally see this car in the Torry area of Aberdeen, the guy seems very dedicated to getting this car back on the road. I say that as he carries out the work on the side of a very busy road.  I hope he hasn't sold it as I often see the progress he makes. It will be a nice car .

• 4 months later...

That doesn't look good seeing it there. Next thing the council will have a sticker on it , end up in persley scrappy. I am guessing it might have been difficult having it on the roadside of Victoria road Torry on sorn............ It probably be easier off the public road in a car park.  Be a shame if it doesn't get finished ...........

• 4 weeks later...

Back in the mid 90s this car used to belong to a guy called Mike Halahan who unfortunately passed away the car used to attend Billing and was absolutely mint and standard.

It was also used in a buyers guide in a magazine but cant remember which one, its such a shame to see it in this condition now.

On 14 June 2016 at 09:42, Shug said:

Its MOT'ed but untaxed, not sorned.

Its also eligible for tax exemption now as its over 40 years old.

I see that....the photo was taken on 30th October last year, MOT expires 9th November 2016.....so does that mean this old beast got an MOT a week after the photo was taken?? :huh:

• 4 years later...

Goodness me, I didn't expect to find this post 5 years later! Indeed this is my A series in the photo (proud owner for 21 years almost!) I have had it restored and repainted in the original paint code since and it still drives and turns heads! :) To the gent who provided some history of my car I would love to hear more! I bought it from a gent in Bristol and as far as Im aware it was first registered in London.. 

To the original poster, the manta wasn't abandoned in the Halfords car park, it was left there to get MOT'ed. A little common sense mate!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thomas77GR said:

Goodness me, I didn't expect to find this post 5 years later! Indeed this is my A series in the photo (proud owner for 21 years almost!) I have had it restored and repainted in the original paint code since and it still drives and turns heads! :) To the gent who provided some history of my car I would love to hear more! I bought it from a gent in Bristol and as far as Im aware it was first registered in London.. 

To the original poster, the manta wasn't abandoned in the Halfords car park, it was left there to get MOT'ed. A little common sense mate!

Do you have any photos you can share?