Manta coupe rollcage

Paul 84

hi all I'm after a rollcage for my 81 coupe does anyone no of a second hand one or could you point me in the best direction to who can supply me with I'd prefer a bolt in one.            a big thanks up front for any help thanks

Edited by Paul 84

Custom cages and Safety devices both list bolt in cages for the manta. Worth an e-mail to ask about price and availability.

I've fitted several cages to manta's over the years and have to say i've found Safety Devices ones fit the best, nice and tight to the shell.

Just a word of warning, if you have a sliding metal sunroof you need a cage specifically for a sunroofed car as the inner roof is a couple of inches lower than the non sunroofed version. I know they used to make 2 different ones as i've had a sunroofed version before.

Thank you I'll look them up and get a price off them but the safety devices one sound good if it's a good snug fit 

The main hoop fits so well it touches the B pillars both sides, the front legs can also be pushed forward a smidge to touch the A pillars (cage saddles where legs join hoop have a little movement before being bolted up to allow this).  As you have to build feet mounts for all 6 mounting points its really not a problem getting it as tight as you can to the shell.

This does mean the door bars are about 1/2" too short for the bolts to go back in. But the tight fit is worth the hassle of getting new door bars made up (no finger trapping gaps around the cage as some give) or having the original ones modified by moving the saddles 1/4" at each end.

Its such a good fit that in my coupe i have a stitch weld between the cage and shell on both A and B posts (but then my cage is welded in a rally car)

That sounds the ticket for me mine will be mainly for track events so I'm after the rigidity as well as the safety and if I can weld it to the pillars it saves me buying gussets to link the shell to the cage thank you for the help as well I really appreciate it