Hello to all out there

Kal001

I have been an avid manta fan since being knee high to a grasshopper and eventually managed to get one back in 1987 - one of the last manta GTE exclusives which the dealer held onto for me for a couple on months just so I could get the F plate on the 1st August. 

Just to say first car I ever bought and is still sitting in my garage today !!! 

Was my daily drive now just for fun 6 months of the year 

Just thought I'd introduce myself and say hello !!! 

• Like 4

Thanks for all the welcomes. 

Will definitely try to post photos up - any tips on how to greatly appreciated!!

Shes only done 51k miles 

gets serviced regularly by the supplying dealer by the same chap - himself an ex manta owning enthusiast 

You need a photobucket account or a photo hosting site. I use photobucket personally and you have to put your photo on photobucket and then click on the link next to the photo that says 'direct'. After that go onto the Manta Club page again and click on the link button next to the U button, right click and paste, then your photo should appear :) hope you can follow this. 

So you get your Manta serviced by the main dealer still? I didn't think any of them still existed and by the same chap as well! Living the dream there :D 

Jack.

• Like 1

You need a photobucket account or a photo hosting site. I use photobucket personally and you have to put your photo on photobucket and then click on the link next to the photo that says 'direct'. After that go onto the Manta Club page again and click on the link button next to the U button, right click and paste, then your photo should appear :) hope you can follow this. 

So you get your Manta serviced by the main dealer still? I didn't think any of them still existed and by the same chap as well! Living the dream there :D 

Jack.

Thanks for the advice will have a go!!!!'

It's a Vauxhall dealership now in all fairness. 

Bought the Manta from them and my Dad bought his Kadett and then Cavalier from them. 

Beauty is the dealership still owned by the same brothers and Have some of the same staff from back in the day when my Dad used to go there. So have a pretty good relationship with them. They all know the Manta well and do go the extra mile for her. 

That's such a great situation to be in, I looked up the original dealer of mine J.B Motors and it appears they are still there as a Vauxhall dealer now. It would be very interesting if some of the original staff that worked with Mantas are still employed there. 

Let me know how you get on with the pictures and I am excited to see them!

Regards,

Jack.

OK that is GOOOOOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a hint of fade to the carmine red paint either.

Now we have to persuade you to join the club and promise to bring your lovely Manta to our annual rally at Billling Aquadrome near Northampton ( not too far for you travel ) next July 15/16/17.

Yep very nice, exclusives had a really nice spec, tinted glass, 400 spoiler, twin lights, nice suttle upgrades, probably my favourite manta, in terms of colour and spec, but maybe too much red, due to the size of the car, the black door handle and wheels help break it up a little, for me its either carmine red or starmist black, completely standard, maybe nicely spec,d cars back in the day. Irmschet did a cracking job, considering this manta b design was put to paper early 70's.

Nice car, thanks for sharing, more photos needed...........

Edited by brady

Thanks to all for your many words of appreciation

Think it's one of the joys of owning an older motor that you don't get any of the pointed envy with a newer car . It's rare to go out without getting a friendly wave and a smile from some one who's owned  wanted or known someone who's owned a manta in the past and would like to chat about them . Do you guys get the same ?

She did have a respray and some minor dings sorted a few years ago along with a wing change as the front wing had some bubbling and managed to get hold of a new wing . Just need some new door seals now !! 

Recently had all the hoses and fluids changed and noticed a massive difference in engine note braking and gear change. 

Will definitely consider joining OMOC now I know there are like minded people/ lunatics out there. 

Hi Kal  love your car, notice your situated in the West Mids-  whereabouts are you?  Which Vauxhall dealer do you refer to / will definately  keep my eyes open for your Manta-  they are on stalks now as i look at your posted photo!!!

Hi Kal  love your car, notice your situated in the West Mids-  whereabouts are you?  Which Vauxhall dealer do you refer to / will definately  keep my eyes open for your Manta-  they are on stalks now as i look at your posted photo!!!

Thanks John !! Live Birmingham way . Always tend to go to Sandwell Garages on Spon Lane - Vauxhall dealership now but were Opel GM back in the day. As I mentioned I'm fortunate in having a good relationship with them and them having a technician who's an ex manta owner himself and still an enthusiast and looks forward to servicing etc every year 

Guve me a thumbs up if you see us around - going to be SORNed at the end of this month 

Remember Sandwell Garages well ,  back in the late seventies, wanted to buy a 72 "A"  series Manta in bright yellow, from them that was on the  forecourt,  but they wouldnt give me a good trade in on my mark 3 F*rd Cortina,   bas****s!!

Remember Sandwell Garages well ,  back in the late seventies, wanted to buy a 72 "A"  series Manta in bright yellow, from them that was on the  forecourt,  but they wouldnt give me a good trade in on my mark 3 F*rd Cortina,   bas****s!!

This might sound a bit strange but my Dad used to take our Kadett for servicing etc there 

Not sure if it's the same one but remember they had a Jamaica Yellow GT/J on their forecourt - tried to get my Dad to change up but no luck !!!

That car looks great! You must be proud of it!

Last year I went for the first time on holyday (to the south of France) with our daily Insignia because one "swan neck" needed replacement on the GSI.

Normally I take the Manta-GSI for our yearly trip to the Pyrenees, and we always have a lot of positive comments about the car, so I know what you are 

talking about. Have some nice pics about those trips. Keep up the great work!

• Like 1