project slow

evo3000

This is my manta (molly):lol:wifey named her,all the structual work hard graft blood sweat & expletives has already been done by chris collier (mantaray) of crclassics and also the engine refreshed a bit.

Made road worthy with an mot aswell....and that's as far as she got bless her.

Not been able to commit any further financially due unforeseen circumstances...but I thought I would show her anyway.

She's waiting for an i240 kit, followed by a repaint,interior retrim,with the printed blitz material you can see in pics, and the wheels refurbed in anthracite or gun metal.:rolleyes:

Here's a couple of snap shots as she looks at the moment.:wacko:

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 4

Made road worthy with an mot

That is important, you can enjoy being a Manta driver and when funds allow do what ever work you have planned. unlike a car in bits in a garage you will not get dis-heartend and do not worry about it not being perfect, it's a Manta back on the road and that counts for a lot.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope all in mantaland are having a great crimbo:thumbup

Right back to project molly:)... I mean slow:angry:,.. as you know I want a i240 kit for her as I think the manta B looks so complete with this kit on,but not quite the as full on as the 400 which I love.

I'm sticking with the original colour (jet black)..nows here's the hopefully different bit..being a lover of the i200's I'm playing about with having the rothmans stripes/design on mine but changing the colours to the manta sport colours.

Have a look at the pics and see what you think,the first pic is molly with a sample pack of stickers on the front wing,just to get a rough idea.:wacko:

The next two pics are i200's with the i240 kit on.

Any feedback greatly appreciated,....because as mantaman says.. we are only guardians for the next generation, so with that in mind i would like to get it right and make her desirable for future manta fruit&nut cases.

Having said all that shes a keeper but you know what I mean.:blink::(

Oh and the last one is a token 400r in black which I love, see what you think:thumbup

Edited by evo3000

I like the idea, just lift it from being plain black.

Original Red/Blue Stipes would be lost against the black, but provided the grey contrast enoughn this will work. maybe add a thin white strip to contrast the the Grey from the black background ?

And yes i am enjoying the Black 400... A LOT !!!

I like the idea, just lift it from being plain black.

Original Red/Blue Stipes would be lost against the black, but provided the grey contrast enoughn this will work. maybe add a thin white strip to contrast the the Grey from the black background ?

And yes i am enjoying the Black 400... A LOT !!!

here's a couple more awesome black 400R's with opel sport colours on.:thumbup

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 1

I was thinking of adding the 400 Stripes on my doors with the car being Monaco blue?

go for it ! .. I think its earnt them stripes by now.:lol:i think it would be refreshingly different to see them on Monaco blue.

Or you could just do this,obviously using 400 decals instead of i240 ones.:thumbup

• Like 1

• 1 month later...