1972 OPEL ASCONA A series Barn find

16valves-V-Turbo

Hi All

I recently found this nestled away in a barn locally. I managed to purchase it plus loads of parts. I hoped to restore this over time myself. However the amount of welding required plus the fact i have this week lost the use of a lockup. forces me to move it on. Hopefully to a club member who will rescue it ? Obviously it has no MOT. Mileometer is showing 33 k but i have no history to support this.

Originally a 1.6, 4 door automatic. Car has now a 1.9 litre engine fitted, running a webber carb and pancake filter. Engine runs very lumpy. Cannot run for long as radiator has leak somewhere. No battery is included.

Solid Bits seem to be - roof, pillars, scutch panel, front panel, floor boot.

Not So Solid Bits - sills, arches, doors, rails, swan necks, rear lower quarters.

Car was on the road in 2011. and is tax exempt.

Parts included are a brand new 2'' exhaust system complete with chrome oval back box, a pair of brand new swan neck repair panels. SH Chrome bumpers. 5 x SH, ATS alloys.   SH Manual centre console, SH air box, brake shoes, clutch and flywheel, carburettor, dizzy, manifolds, water pump, set of large chrome wheel hub caps, chrome rings for wheels and many other bits. I am open to offers for this car and parts ? 

Car is located in Bridlington, East Yorkshire. OMOC members are getting first chance of it before i list it on fleabay. I can send you more pictures on request. My email is planetmanta@aol.com . I have been honest here as car needs plenty of TLC but it is 42 years old.

I am also offering my single axle trailer as an option to the buyer. It is braked and has two new tyres fitted. £400 for trailer on its own. Pictures on request. 

I CANNOT SEEM TO UPLOAD PICTURES AT ALL. MESSAGE READS FILES ARE TOO BIG CANNOT EVEN GET 1 UP. Anyone interested just email me and i will forward piccys on. 

Hmm, air suspension, turbo engine. Same colour. Someone remind me to stick with the dysfunctional manta I already have.....

It does look nice, but like you Shug i still have to get the old A running before contemplating any other projects :-)

Just a quickie. 

Thanks for members on here that have enquired about car and trailer as a package. 

As I replied via eBay. I am away from Friday morning until Monday afternoon, so I will struggle to end items for you. I think both will end up running their course. 

I want the car to be rescued so the cash ain't a worry it will sell whatever. But I won't let the trailer go I the cheap. 

Thank You all for the interest.