Manta A series rebuild - Phase 2 C20 LET

Paul Barrett

Well here we are nearly a year later and another move. Hopefully last one for a long time!

She in her new resting place and I’m beavering away to try and get at least one manta to a show this year! 

PEE I don’t think will be painted so have made it a mission to try and get HDD up and running again, we shall see. 

main focus has been getting the throttle bodies and and all the associated parts in the bay. Forgot how much has changed. 
new braking system but nearly have that plumbed. It’s not show condition but if it gets running I’ll be happy. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 5

The garage was priority, the deal was also I can build a bigger one on the side, drawings being done next week. Just a few hurdles with listed building next door and parish council jostling of self important nobody’s. 

been too long me not spannering 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After a min amazing VBOA 2022, a renewed enthusiasm has coma about. 

spent a good 15 hours yesterday in the shop, tidying first then to mess it all up again lol. 

been smashing out the fuel system with parts I have lying about. All AN fittings, no they don’t match but I want to get the thing going again this year. 

also got going on the re-wiring. Learnt a long form last time. No it won’t be concentric twisted motorsport mil spec lol but will suit my purposes and always love learning more and more. All makes the next build more special. 

just some random pics as just wanted to get on! 

One thing I was always meant to do was an adjustable panard rod. Typical now I don’t have a lathe, so going to get hunting for a kinked rod (oooerrr) as need some exhaust clearance and shift the axle over as for an A it’s lower than your grannies nipples on the back and as she’s getting older I’m going another coil lower. 

The new PDM system I’m using the A to learn about is proving tricky to get the old grey matter around as I’m no computer or electronics wiz lol, the terminology is like going back to school but I’m enjoying it. 

• Like 4