Manta A series rebuild - Phase 2 C20 LET

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member. Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member. Project images are available t

Been cracking along,  car is back at mine, the v8 build has been shifted into the trailer and left up the farm for time being. ive built a firewall to seal the tank In the boot for safety sa

More doors, I have had to resort to using one of better doors from the V8 project as time is against me, going on family hols for a week Monday and ian the painter want the panels tomorrow to get crac

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Paul Barrett said:

It’s been a godsend, and to think I had it up for sale. I’ve done so much to it to keep alive too. It’s staying with me for the foreseeable now . 

A student gap bed lathe is on my list of bits to get, was supposed to go look at one in Scunthorpe before lockdown so might have missed it now.  But plenty of good old engineered units out there.

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited)

Not a mega amount to report but have being doing some bits and still gathering parts for the eventual turbo lump.

Sadly The bonnet had taken a whack from a gazebo and ladder I had stored in the ceiling void above the car. 
with that I’ve had a sore bonnet blasted up on the edges etc to see it’s condition. 
I’ve had some louvres stamped in and a Louvre panel let in where the original heater box area was to tie it all in and aid as much airflow through as possible for the turbo engine. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

To get it running again this summer I’ve installed throttle bodies. The bike carbs have always drove me mad. 

Waiting on an air box still

This is just a stop gap to get it going again. 
It won’t be show condition this year but hopefully keep her rolling until my circumstances change to allow me to work on her properly for its turbo incarnation. 

Edited by Paul Barrett
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Like those Louves, look very oem and subtle, smart and functional.

Whats plan with heaterbox, modded one or just do away with it?

No heater I think. I do have various kit car ones though. So may go that route 

4 hours ago, bris jas said:

Very useful those vents Paul, Retropower just fitted same to a Chevette rally car their building.

Oh really, no copy intentions I’ll have to check them out. 
So difficult to get a good array of Louvres looking symmetrical on these bonnets with the offset bracing etc. Adrian at buck lane automotive. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Disappointing report time

had the bonnet back from the Louvre stamping, had the shop that was doing it let in the top set of stampings. 
the work is really not up to scratch. Wish I’d of done that myself now. Wouldn’t have minded but the cost was a lot indeed for what I have ended up with. A lot of work to put right. Distortion I can understand but this cut and weld up of the scuttle edge is appalling! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2