Auto Box Kick Down Cable

Julian

Speedy cables, send them the broken one and they will fix it and send it back.

could be the only hope you have !

The plan is Paul to source another one to send as a pattern, the one on the car at the moment isn't totally Knackered but has cracks in the outer casing, so I'm looking for a spare to send away and then do the change. All clever stuff!!!

The plan is Paul to source another one to send as a pattern, the one on the car at the moment isn't totally Knackered but has cracks in the outer casing, so I'm looking for a spare to send away and then do the change. All clever stuff!!!

If you do, perhaps you could get an extra cable made up for me too please?

I also have an auto Manta and having a spare kick-down cable would be a good idea.

If you do, perhaps you could get an extra cable made up for me too please?

I also have an auto Manta and having a spare kick-down cable would be a good idea.

I'd have no problem in doing that mate, once/if I can get a cable, Speedy Cables are just up the road from me, it used to be the Perry Chain factory years ago. I find it strange that there are no cables about, going back over the years on this forum, many have changed Auto boxes for Manual.

I brought one about 13 years ago off eBay if I recall it wasn't cheap then. Never did use it as sold the auto, I see if I can find it!! 

WE WILL ALL COME AND HELP YOU TO FIND IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got a metal detector!!

I brought one about 13 years ago off eBay if I recall it wasn't cheap then. Never did use it as sold the auto, I see if I can find it!! 

Are you still looking?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Far better way to spend you'r time than buying Xmas presents!!!

• Like 1

Spent a few hours yesterday in one of my garages no joy as yet!! I was thinking so hard yesterday I gave myself a headache. I only saw it the other year as well?? If I get home from work early this week I will start on the house garage.......

Rare as rocking horse to get hold of now...

Does anyone happen to know if the kickdown cable off an 1979 ASCONA is compatible to the Manta and CAVALIER cable? I seem to think that they would be, but I'm not 100% sure.

Should be identical mate! Does this mean you've found one? :D

I will know tonight, one of our members scrapped an ASCONA and thinks he may have the cable, so I can't walk anywhere as I'm keeping everything crossed!!!

I will know tonight, one of our members scrapped an ASCONA and thinks he may have the cable, so I can't walk anywhere as I'm keeping everything crossed!!!

Nothing doing yet Rob, but thinking back didn't you give me a cable about three years ago, was that a kickdown cable? not that I know where it is at the moment!!

If that's the one left me know and i will see if i can find it in the loft ;-

Only just seen this mate! Yes that is the one, hope you can find it, and furbish me with the price etc, that is if you are prep0aired to sell it.  Best regards. Julian.

Hi Julian

I will have a rummage about mid week when im back home and see if i can track it down. Im sure its in a safe place (if i can find the safe place!) then we can sort out a price.

Will message you as soon as i find it.

Andy

Hi Julian

I will have a rummage about mid week when im back home and see if i can track it down. Im sure its in a safe place (if i can find the safe place!) then we can sort out a price.

Andy

Hi Julian

Andy

Many thanks for that Andy, It's like Christmas is being extended!!!

Julian.