Manta production

D85CGV

I wasn't sure where this message should go so I've just posted it here since I reckon most will see it.  I'm interested to know if all Mantas we're built in the plant at Antwerp. There is a video of the last one being built at plant one there. I can't remember though if it's the last one that was built there or if it was the last ever manta. Anyway if anyone knows if any were built elsewhere I'd be interested to know. My manta is a D reg gte so I'm guessing it would have been built there. I know the complete opel factory is now closed but I'd still quite like to take the Manta to the site of the factory just to take it home again.

Cheers 

Davy 

I am hoping to take mine to Germany in 2017 as the car will have been registered for 30 years in the UK. I hope to do the Opeltreffen 2017 and on the way to the Nurburgring or once located there have a trip out to the Opel Factory and a few museums. Its approx. 220 miles round trip from Nürburgring Nordschleife.

Hello everybody,

my name is Herman (yes a German name) and I lived all my live (except the 8 years in Germany) in the neighbourhood

of Antwerp. The plant 1 where all Manta/Ascona A & B RHD were build is at this moment something like a shopping-mall.  There is a 

Decathlon, a cinema and a parking place for Citycarbusses. Some factory's have also taken the rest of the plant...

The plant 2 is completely abandoned, we use it together with the police forces to practise FIBUA, fighting in built up area.

This because otherwise the hobo's take over the place.

Grts, Herman.

• Like 1

It is something I've read in a magazine, and because Antwerp is the nearest plant to Great-Britain it seemed logic.

But lets check it!

The cars with a 9-numbered VIN is at this moment unknown (to me)to search for their fabrication plant.

The cars with a 10-numbered VIN ('74-'81): the 4th number 1=Russelsheim, 2=Bochum, 5 or 6= Antwerp

The cars with WOLOOO and so on ('81...) the 11th digit is as above.

So everybody take your registrationpapers and let me know! 

• Like 1

I am hoping to take mine to Germany in 2017 as the car will have been registered for 30 years in the UK. I hope to do the Opeltreffen 2017 and on the way to the Nurburgring or once located there have a trip out to the Opel Factory and a few museums. Its approx. 220 miles round trip from Nürburgring Nordschleife.

@robah My Manta will be 30 in April of 2017. Would be nice if I had mine ready to go home for it's 30th birthday 

• Like 1

Ah I misunderstood I thought you had to check online 

My car was built in Antwerp. Thank you Herman for that very interesting information @H-400

Looks like mine was built at Antwerp as well. Still want to go to Russelsheim when I do the Opel Treffen next year (2017).