Rare Blue 2 Slot Hatch £1350 Cheshire

This is an old club car and belonged to a North-West member back in 2005. It was also in manta magic and a car magazine back then too. I am led to believe it was left in a garage since then so I am going to stick my neck out and say this is a bargain at this price as it was a concours car back then. 

Edited by Danny D114BCW
  • Like 1

I remember this car,total Vaux featured back in the day,also I deliver to the chap who used to service this (burgess repair of crewe)and his comment that it was one of the most solid manta's he had come across,with a quality paint job aswell.

Just needs a little tlc to bring back,B)if it was mine I would put recaro fronts in with a retrim in blue,and and shove some white 15" revo's on and that would compliment the baby blue colour perfectly,and in keeping with the work done sofar.:)

Without doubt sale of the firkin centuary,chrome bumpered 2 slot hatch rare car,yet not reflected in the price:blink:the poor relation of the manta family:mellow:

Oh and a massive bonus is that it has no sunroofB)

:thumbup

• Like 2

It briefly had one bid on it at £1200,:blink:but I reckon the one bidder must of realized that it was not worth losing for £150 at the £1350 bin price.

Having said that the bin price disappears once somebody  bids on the start price:blink:so I tend to think the auction was pulled,maybe.:wacko:

• Like 1

I suppose if it does turn up, either washed for a higher price or sorted with an mot for an a lot higher price it's fine isn't it? It's been saved and is back on the road. 

Business is business for a few manta related people on here and if you snooze you loose? I would of had it but I am currently rescuing and saving two GT/E's and a third was just not wise haha

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Danny D114BCW said:

I suppose if it does turn up, either washed for a higher price or sorted with an mot for an a lot higher price it's fine isn't it? It's been saved and is back on the road. 

Business is business for a few manta related people on here and if you snooze you loose? I would of had it but I am currently rescuing and saving two GT/E's and a third was just not wise haha

your absolutely right mate,on the the otherhand it would of been nice to of seen TheRealExile get his hands on it as he is actually mantaless.:mellow:

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 1

Will teach me to keep my eyes peeled on ebay!

Had my eye on Paul's Manta and stuck a few bids in but it's just gone over 2k now (and rightly so) but it will end way out of my current price range. Really want a 2 slot again as that was the same as my first Manta. 

There is this red hatch though on Ebay, not sure if anyone has had a look at it yet? roof will need a skin or some ninja style welding though! and I'd rather change as I'll be keeping hold of anything I buy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opel-Manta-GTE-1986-project-for-someone-/141868738723?hash=item21080928a3:g:DHcAAOSwwPhWipoK

Especially after what happened to my final Manta .... I'd been restoring a 1984 GTE Coupe (back in 1999!!) but lost my garage space, I sold it with the original MOT fail sheet to a few lads who came to view, all that needed doing was the new front leg (suspension) fitting which I had supplied plus finishing a bit of welding under the bonnet. I got a call from the garage a few weeks later as it seems they just gave the lads the certificate when they turned up with the car assuming I'd fixed it :-x

The leg then went on the road and they had written it off...no one hurt luckily...other than the MOT chap who got a ban from testing :-(  and another Manta gone for good :-(

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

A Manta is worth what anyone is willing to pay for it. I haven't got a problem with business people (or anyone in fact) making a profit on items that have come up cheap. Somebody as got a bargain by the looks of it and no matter what their plans are for the car, I hope they enjoy the ownership, even if that means they wash and polish it and resell on eBay.

• Like 2

Paul's is back down to 1550 all of a sudden, retracted bids? One of the reasons I hate selling cars on there... I sometimes manage to get hold of the odd company car from our place, spruce em up best I can (usually touching paint up and minor mot bits) and flog them on, but the amount of messers drives me mad....excuses ranging from my kids did it to my account was hacked or the ones who bid simply to view and turn up tyre kicking trying to re-negotiate the price. grrrrrrrrrr 

• Like 1

^^^^i hate eBay and the web to be honest. It's not just cars. I bought some expensive headphones that were 'New' got them eventually after a lot of messing and they were opened and didn't work & got told "it's impossible they don't work".......what a load of verbal crap that comment was. I am now trying through PayPal to get my money back! Then I got scammed on a jacket which I told the HSBC to block and low and behold they managed to get the payment after I instructed to block! So that's £250 in total I am chasing now. 

Ebay is a big no no and I hope you get a genuine buyer and a good price. You should do a classified as they are so much better, cheaper (no final fees & you state your price) and last longer.  

Edited by Danny D114BCW
  • Like 2