1972 opel manta A series for sale unfinished project (beast)

DiMarco

Hello All,

As per above i am now having to sell my opel manta A series AKA Beast for sale as a 95% finished project. I have not got the time nor money to finish her off. She needs to be put back together to make her 100%. Reason she is not 100% was she spent a year at a garage to get exhausts and manifolds made for it as well as some other work like the battery moved to the boot along with a heavy duty battery cable replacing the old one. But after a year of having the car sat there not finished enough was enough. I got the car back but in bits and with some body damage chips, scratches and a nice dent just below the rear arch. To do the manifolds the engine had to be removed as it was easier to make them while the engine was out but while the engine was out the car was on stands which has ripped of the underseal of the chassis rails. I got her back with new manifolds and exhausts which cost £1300 but he had half done the wiring and hadnt put the car fully back together as he kept making excuses so i have boxes of bits and pieces. I now have the car with a mechanic that i use were we are putting the car back together. But some parts are missing and as said i dont have the time or money to carry on. The chap as also damaged the body chips around the car and dented it just under the rear right arch. He as also chipped paint under the bonnet from putting the engine in. So some body work would be required.

As said i am having to sell the car as an unfinished project it breaks my heart to do it but i really dont have the time. Someone who has more knowledge than myself and the money which wouldn't cost a lot would be able to put this back together and have a great A series. I have spent close to £20000 from a full body restoration at CR classes and had so many parts replaced. I have receipt upon receipts over the years and so many that i have added to it.

As stated this car was built as a drag car and has lots of expensive toys added.

• Engine is a 351 cleveland ford mustang V8 which i have receipts for forge pistons
  • FMX ford 3 speed auto gearbox rear seal and filter replaced
  • 71 Camaro rear axle
  • 10x15 rear wheels very wide 295/50/15
  • Hurst rachet shifter
  • Gauges inside
  • race tank
  • NOS system
  • Full roll cage
  • Race seats and harnesses 
  • Fully adjustable Gaz shocks

IMAG0846.jpg

IMAG0847.jpg

IMAG0849.jpg

I have probably missed out a few things but if the car was fully back together it would be worth around £12000-£15000 due to being a classic and drag car in one. I am looking to get £8500 in her current condition.

If you are interested please contact me on my mobile 07525371820 please leave a voicemail if i dont answer.

Edited by DiMarco

This is a solid car all welding been done, running gear blasted and painted, new joints.and a quick coat of paint.

Nick spent a lot on new parts, coil overs, head lining, door cards ect. and well worth that money.

Nick I would also try and put it up on some motor/drag forums. Good luck with the sale

54 minutes ago, mantaray said:

This is a solid car all welding been done, running gear blasted and painted, new joints.and a quick coat of paint.

Nick spent a lot on new parts, coil overs, head lining, door cards ect. and well worth that money.

Nick I would also try and put it up on some motor/drag forums. Good luck with the sale

Thank you Chris that means a lot mate :). I have it on some hotrod V8 forums so will have to see what happens but thank you for all the help you did to it.

Just put on Rods and Sods.

Edited by DiMarco

19 hours ago, Snowy said:

What mods were done to the shell to make the V8 fit? Plus the rear axel?

Thanks

I bought as a drag car but restored it. The rear end chassis rails have been cut and made to work with the rear axle which is a 1971 camaro to take the power.

• 5 weeks later...

car is still for sale on ebay really need gone open to offers or could possibly PX for a car or motorbike ( V-twin harley or yamaha)

Also to update the car runs and drives just doesnt have an mot. 

Here are also some videos of the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7p-abABgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZbqsrjL7UM&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKpa39ZIsUs&feature=youtu.be

Edited by DiMarco

On 19/02/2016 at 2:03 PM, DiMarco said:

Also to update the car runs and drives just doesnt have an mot. 

Perhaps it would improve the chances of getting a sale if you got a MOT on the car.

People will wonder why it has not got a MOT, Imagining that there is possibly something wrong with the conversion meaning that it is incapable of passing a MOT.

i would do guys but I have not the time nor the money to do any more to the car. there are a couple of things that It does require as the wipers are not currently working nor are the rear lights or indicators. I just don't have the time nor money to carry on with it. But can be used as a drag car without any issues :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...