B reg GTE hatch. Non sunroof, polar white.

8 hours ago, MrCarlos said:

That's said in jest to wind Dan up but look at it this way - this car is sold by club members not some random muppet on ebay who says it's mint then you do 300 miles and its a shed. It is what it is and honestly described.

I know you too well Carl 

Got to say that the car looks a bargain for someone wanting in to the Manta world. All your work done for 2016 shows and good to go for a lot longer.

If anyone has seen Danny's own car you will now how much pride he puts in to the upkeep with no expense spared. He has grown up and in to the Manta scene so does know about the cars

Carl has been working on and owning Mantas for a very long time and has a vast experience in all things Opel.

Both guys have very good reputations within the club and trade so they would not put anything out there to jeopardise that reputation.

• Like 2

I tend to find that a few people we sell too don't like the idea of a car club. Some think it's pointless or save money and use as and when required. I also think that being in a car club means you have to wear a flat cap, smoke a pipe and talk about chillingly boring things. 

Thats not the case with our club but I bet the MG and Morris Minor clubs and similar are like that. :lol:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

I tend to find that a few people we sell too don't like the idea of a car club. Some think it's pointless or save money and use as and when required. I also think that being in a car club means you have to wear a flat cap, smoke a pipe and talk about chillingly boring things. 

Thats not the case with our club but I bet the MG and Morris Minor clubs and similar are like that. :lol:

A lot of people these days especially younger people tend to want things for free on the internet.

I pay my membership of £25 (50p per week) for access to all areas of our forum plus access to the OMOC field at Billing

The forum is a lot easier to search than Facebook however Facebook is very quick to get responses.

I wonder what the average age of membership of OMOC is I would guess late forties early fifties.

I don't wear a flat cap & smoke a pipe but I do talk a lot of boring stuff about 60's,70's, 80's & 90's cars :P

• Like 3

Yikes, that's a lot to read through since I was last on here (someone did a hit and run on my Chevy while it was parked, so have been busy for a few days :() I'm glad to hear it's been sold and I hope you got what you were expecting for it, just wanted to say thanks for the replies to my questions which I've only just read :lol:

On 07 February 2016 at 4:57 PM, Danny D114BCW said:

...you have to wear a flat cap, smoke a pipe and talk about chillingly boring things.

Everyone up north is like that anyway! :D

• Like 2

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 4:57 PM, Danny D114BCW said:

Is this a good time to admit that I have an MG companion for my B?  No flat cap, pipe or beard here, however I haven't joined the owners club yet....

Will be installing an OMOC sticker in the windscreen when MOT'd!

MG.png

• Like 2