Photo testing

mian400

• 4 weeks later...

A Stienmetz Commy A, that is HORNY !!!

mian400 - i see you are still having difficulties, you can post pictures onto this forum direct by 'dragging' images or choosing images from your computer, there is a file size limit that i find a problem, i always seemed to spend ages making repeated attempts to edit the pictures down to size only to get them rejected.

I have gone back to the old skool method of hosting them on Photobucket, this is the picture hosting service that i have always used. you can set up a Photobucket account free and it is not too hard to do.

Then when you want to post a picture, load it onto Photobucket and using the 'insert other media' button at the bottom right of the reply box you can click on the 'insert image from URL' sentance, this brings up another box.

Back on Photobucket click on the image you want and it will bring up an option list, click on code beside direct (it will turn yellow with the word copied) and back on sub-window on the Manta forum paste the code into the box and add it to your post.

Sounds long winded but it is quicker to do than it is to type out these instructions and quicker than endlessly trying to resize pictures to post them directly.

• 1 month later...
On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 9:04 PM, MANTAMAN said:

A Stienmetz Commy A, that is HORNY !!!

mian400 - i see you are still having difficulties, you can post pictures onto this forum direct by 'dragging' images or choosing images from your computer, there is a file size limit that i find a problem, i always seemed to spend ages making repeated attempts to edit the pictures down to size only to get them rejected.

I have gone back to the old skool method of hosting them on Photobucket, this is the picture hosting service that i have always used. you can set up a Photobucket account free and it is not too hard to do.

Then when you want to post a picture, load it onto Photobucket and using the 'insert other media' button at the bottom right of the reply box you can click on the 'insert image from URL' sentance, this brings up another box.

Back on Photobucket click on the image you want and it will bring up an option list, click on code beside direct (it will turn yellow with the word copied) and back on sub-window on the Manta forum paste the code into the box and add it to your post.

Sounds long winded but it is quicker to do than it is to type out these instructions and quicker than endlessly trying to resize pictures to post them directly.

Worth noting that with Photobucket, you don't even need to do that. if you get the image URL and paste it, it'll automatically appear in the editor.

Castlewellan%20and%20Lurgan%20park%20201

33 minutes ago, mian400 said:

think im getting onto this Kev.....bit slow on the uptake....is it easier if I upgrade to proper membership?

other car sites you just "browse" and post the pics in.....lot easier...

No change regards membership I don't think. But you can click the 'Choose files' link shown when you are typing a reply/post. There's a file size limit though...

Thanks Neil....but some of my pics load ok from Photobucket....members comment on them, so I know they're there....then after about 2 days they vanish and get replaced with that stupid cat/kitten with "photos not found" pasted up.

...can be really frustrating.....especially when you've a really nice pic up and a topic is gathering interest from other members.....then loads of photos get wiped out with a blooming cat picture instead.

Only time I've known that happen is if the pic is deleted from photobucket (It needs to stay there to show around the web), or if the photobucket account/folder is made private. Not sure if there's any other way it could happen...In fact if your pics get too many views it can stop showing for a short time, but it's a lot of views (Bandwidth) that they allocate.

Great pics either way!B)

• 4 weeks later...

I hope you don't mind me joining this thread. I'm just having a go at uploading a photo.
I don't seem to be able to drag & drop a photo, so am doing this via photobucket.

By trial & error I have found that you should enter the link that appears between &.
It should start with http:// and end with .jpg
If you get it right your photo will embed & appear by magic!

I hope this helps anyone who is still having trouble.
Hatch   

Blue%20Manta%201_zpsskiubart.jpg

Edited by HATCH