Very nice GTE

Top money for the model that most people desire.

Low mileage, good history & generally unrestored.

Try finding another

There is only one way that Manta prices are going & that is up, long gone are the days of the £5000 mint condition Coupe, good news for those of us that own one :)

Mines not mint just V good condition B)

Edited by Rapierdave
  • Like 2

Truly amazing:oi just love it when one's of this standard come out of the woodwork,and a nice list of extras on it aswell.

Although he's asking a fair whack for it, what your getting for your money you just can't buy.:blink:i just love the fact that a welder been nowhere near it,nor does it need to (mindblowing)

It really is an exclusive manta in the truest sense :lol:will have to give it a full five out of five thumbs up:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

Very nice car (shame about the rear bumper change) it's one of the best we have seen for a very long time. Worth £14,000? I would say no but I suppose this is how prices rise. There's a huge demand as the White hatch I am selling currently has 77 watchers and 2700 views. 

Lets see what happens with this. 

P.s cards on the table it's worth £9000 if we are saying they have gone up again. But it's not A1 in all areas, it has different keys, holes in dash, modifications (not that untouched then) etc etc I still say the bench mark car that was the minutest exclusive I have ever seen was the white one Andy Turner had. It was bonkers to see an 'as new car' 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Very nice car (shame about the rear bumper change) it's one of the best we have seen for a very long time. Worth £14,000? I would say no but I suppose this is how prices rise. There's a huge demand as the White hatch I am selling currently has 77 watchers and 2700 views. 

Lets see what happens with this. 

P.s cards on the table it's worth £9000 if we are saying they have gone up again. But it's not A1 in all areas, it has different keys, holes in dash, modifications (not that untouched then) etc etc I still say the bench mark car that was the minutest exclusive I have ever seen was the white one Andy Turner had. It was bonkers to see an 'as new car' 

you got a point there danny,however I really do hope it sells for the asking price and creates the new benchmark for us all:wacko:

Also mate the andy turner one you mention have you any pics would love to see this,where is it now.:huh:

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 1

A bit of tenuous link to this thread so apologies,but on the subject of prices&opinions....:blink:

I was out on my travels today and was at a ford dealership,which has recently gone Vauxhall..:Danyway talking to someone out of the bodyshop who I have known for years..he is a big ford man two capri's one being a 2.8 turbo technics jobbie and also has a st ford monggayo the st bit being its only saving grace:lol:anyway its always a chat catch-up when I do see him and  he know's I'm into the manta's,he soon mentions the two slot manta 400 that was for sale on ebay and sold for 55k,and that he would of had that over a 45k ford rs 1600 twin cam whatever jobbie if he had the money that is:lol:

He said the manta was rarer and had more road presence..and of course he was right..but this was coming from a ford man:D

I,m sure mantaman will be impressed with this one

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 1

not as good as the one drew sold , i had pictures on my old pc but its knackered so cant retrieve them , i would like to see it sell for that price but can't see it

i think dougs exclusive is better and less untouched if you like that sort of thing as it does not bother if car has been repaired as long as its to a good standard , would be intresting to see what the car would make if it was a bidding auction as that would be a true reflection on value 

also the 400 was kept by the man who was selling it to add to his collection as far as i can gather 

• Like 3

Manta prices seem to have risen at around 20 % each year for the best ones in the last 2 or 3 years.

What would that make Andy Turners white one now worth possibly £10,000 ?

I do agree that £13,995 is speculative but the seller can always come down I suppose

Edited by Rapierdave
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, garymanc said:

not as good as the one drew sold , i had pictures on my old pc but its knackered so cant retrieve them , i would like to see it sell for that price but can't see it

i think dougs exclusive is better and less untouched if you like that sort of thing as it does not bother if car has been repaired as long as its to a good standard , would be intresting to see what the car would make if it was a bidding auction as that would be a true reflection on value 

also the 400 was kept by the man who was selling it to add to his collection as far as i can gather 

Yeah I agree with what your saying there gary,and double respect for drews old manta & and the memory of Andrew turner himself both of which I never had the pleasure of meeting.:(

• Like 1

These dont come up very often,......... buy, buy, buy!!!!

put it this way, buy a 7k coupe, pay a professional restoration company £XX,XXX amount, whats your total spend less than 14k, think not!!

What have you got a high mileage rebuilt car, that would be close to this quality, but never quite there! , thats what makes this one special, and that white exclusive, with so many replys

Or, is the value and costs of restored cars, pushing up these factory fresh cars like this!

Either way, thats the way things are going!  I need to print this advert for future.............okthis blue one isnt quite, factory but you try finding one that is better, always made me laugh, that billing lineup, ORIGINAL! Em i think not, restored yes! But that had to be judged as something!

As for the recent rise in hatch prices!......... as a wise man once said, dont ever make your hobby a business, as that exactly what it becomes....................., a hobby is a hobby for a reason.

Edited by brady
  • Like 1

Earn why you learn. 

I would be interested to know if there are any pictures before and after as to why such a looked after low mileage car needed a full respray? 

I hope when it does sell we know how much for but I doubt it and I also think it will be bought and hidden away. 

• Like 2

That car is gorgeous. Hope it does sell for a decent price to a collector and not a customiser as would hate to see that car get the guts modified  out of it. 

Might keep this ad as well for when my insurance valuation comes up. 

Makescmevwondet what mine might be worth - one owner vgc inside and outside. No tampering other than non stock exhaust 

Got the original stereo but not fitted - no speaker holes etc. 

Oh and she's NOT. For sale. EVER (lol). 

Very high price for a non standard Exclusive, if it was an  original spec one, would be a better buy....mentions one of the last produced, are there any more 1989's on the road. Remember asking my local dealer to find a NOS Exclusive in 1990 with no success...ended up with a 20 000 18 month  old one lady owner model..now on 55 000.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GTEPETE said:

Very high price for a non standard Exclusive, if it was an  original spec one, would be a better buy....mentions one of the last produced, are there any more 1989's on the road. Remember asking my local dealer to find a NOS Exclusive in 1990 with no success...ended up with a 20 000 18 month  old one lady owner model..now on 55 000.....

7 minutes ago, GTEPETE said:

Mines a 1988 F plate one as well. Don't think there are any later registrations than that. Managed to get the dealer to hold onto mine for a few months just so I coil get the F plate. He even offered to buy it back off me before I took delivery. 

How do I persuade the Mrs to let me have another ???

just viewed the video,hmmmmmmmmmm

dash top would have to go

decals need to be re done gaps arnt right exclusive decal will go as its wrong

id need the key sorted

i like the bumper as i had one on my old one,,dont like the rear fogs

id be in the market if it were around £5 - £6 k max

i  would want to see pics of paint and car before the paint job

my imput for what its worth

miles are nice as long as its not around the clock miles,which is what youd expect

steve

• Like 3