Very nice GTE

21 hours ago, steve price said:

sold the white one for £7000,and the blue one to peter the butcher jones for £3000,,no chance of me getting another one anytime soon,just my luck,,bloody dip stick,lol

Picture 057.jpg

SDC13487.JPG

Your blue exclusive mate was a cracking manta,looks equal to the one that's on ebay right now,i remember VBG when it was for sale as I was half considering it myself it being quite low mileage at 75k and if I remember correctly with one or two owners a recently departed one I think.:unsure:

Anyway you bought it and made a cracking job on it (I watched your thread with great interest)

I know you probably don't want to hear it but based on how good she looks above,value wise it would surely be bringing up the rear,:wacko: price wise with the one that is on ebay right now,but granted has yet to sell so it still an unknown quantity in that respect.:blink:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Earn why you learn. 

I would be interested to know if there are any pictures before and after as to why such a looked after low mileage car needed a full respray? 

I hope when it does sell we know how much for but I doubt it and I also think it will be bought and hidden away. 

You got a valid point there dan with the respray, you can't help but think why a low mileage one owner car that would of spend most of its life in a garage and not used in the wet need a paint job.:wacko:

I tend to think that during its lifespan its picked up the odd dent and scratch or two possibly from storage and the owner decided to go the whole hog and treat it to a complete respray.:blink:

• Like 1

Not worth anywhere near what he is asking. Viewed the video, it hasn't got original dealer plates, wrong fog lights, spoiler is sagging, mark on passenger wing??, sunroof seal is knackered, bent aerial, dirty seats and something vibrates when he revs it.

All minor but this car is £14K! Miles better cars in the club a few mentioned already. Look after them guys. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Not worth anywhere near what he is asking. Viewed the video, it hasn't got original dealer plates, wrong fog lights, spoiler is sagging, mark on passenger wing??, sunroof seal is knackered, bent aerial, dirty seats and something vibrates when he revs it.

All minor but this car is £14K! Miles better cars in the club a few mentioned already. Look after them guys. 

do you still think it commands the 9k figure.:(

No. I think £7/8000 depending on how good the work done is. Doug's manta here in the NW is a genuine original exclusive it's just so nice as was Simon Chapmans (hope to see it at billing) but this to me doesn't look like a car with that mileage. The interior is baggy and dirty it's just ringing alarm bells to me 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Danny D114BCW said:

No. I think £7/8000 depending on how good the work done is. Doug's manta here in the NW is a genuine original exclusive it's just so nice as was Simon Chapmans (hope to see it at billing) but this to me doesn't look like a car with that mileage. The interior is baggy and dirty it's just ringing alarm bells to me 

I think gary's right, probably the best way to sell this would be a proper auction with bidding,then it will reach its true market value, and not a projected one by the owner.:blink:

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Rapierdave said:

The last immaculate 2 slot B coupe sold for around £4500 a year ago.

Ben Williamson couldn't get this much for his Two Slot and that car was an outright concours winner.

there appears to be huge price gulf forming between Manta Exclusive Coupes and all other Manta B's in comparable condition

Hi Gents!

thank you for the lovely comments and this car is worth every penny of the £13995.

the mileage is genuine, and if you would like to see pictures before the respray I have them.

this is our car, and is stunning. It's a 28 year old car at the end of the day and didn't have any dinks or scratches etc just been sat in a garage dulling slightly! 

:) 

The interior is immaculate :) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Where does this valuation come from? Well  you and I both know if this was yours, that's the price you'd be selling it for. plus we all know I probably won't get that for it but I'll eliminate those who can't afford it and thus saving myself having to deal with time wasters. Any serious offers by someone who would want to keep it as is, preserving it and looking after it would be considered though. The good thing is, if it doesn't sell, then I get to keep it and the price and its rarity will only go up. Which isn't a bad do! :) it really is beautiful! You'd have to see it to see how nice it is! 

• Like 2

Thank you! And I think it's down to personal opinion, it's mint. But your version of mint could be different to mine. :) 

I know I won't get the asking price for it, but I'll get what it's worth (to me!) 

i do have the pictures before the respray too, if anyone wanted to see them! :) 

• Like 2

I do hope it sells for good money as I'm currently restoring a ' F ' reg Exclusive Coupe  registered 04/08/1998 in Starmist Black. 

It will be a totally original car with no modifications.  

Yes you could say any welding done to the car is a modification and it's not worth as much as a totally rust free un-welded Exclusive Coupe and I would agree. 

To buy a mint car for 14k makes more sense than spending       thousands on parts and around a thousand hours at £30 a hour like the total would be if my labour wasn't free. 

I have seen better Exclusive Coupes for less money in my time but you have to be a very lucky man in the right place at the right time with the right money. 

The Exclusive Coupes command the most money ( not including the Irmscher specials ) of all Mantas produced. They don't make them any more so owning a good one is better than money in the bank in my humble opinion. 

Good luck with the sale. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kevin Abbott said:

To buy a mint car makes more sense............

To pay someone 30quid an hour and rightly so, for say....only two weeks its close to two and a half grand, makes you think, then the respray????

Who heartly its an very close to original car and that is the icing on the cake, i wish you well with the sale, and the new owner all the very best, worth while beautiful car, and a sound investment for the new and current owner :thumbup  with small personal preference changes it could be worth more.... to leave this car as the day it rolled out off the factory.

Also wish anyone luck trying to find better!

• Like 1

I can understand where the seller is coming from with his strategic pricing to be fair,if the right offer comes along for it and both parties are happy then coolB)

If not the seller keeps it and it carries on going up in value:blink:

There's always someone out there that's got a slightly better one apparently but not for sale,the mods on this one are subtle and worth while and add to the car for me,original/bog standard is great but it can be improved upon if done right.

Still an exceptional car to see on ebay thats waiting for a new lucky owner (GIT)the question is..... at what price.:unsure:

Edited by evo3000

1 hour ago, evo3000 said:

Is it generally considered that the GTE coupe's are worth alot less than the exclusive coupe's:wacko:

I don't think there would be much difference in price. I can't really remember the last time a mint original GT/E coupe came up for sale? Most GT/E's are modified now or a fridge haha. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danny D114BCW said:

I don't think there would be much difference in price. I can't really remember the last time a mint original GT/E coupe came up for sale? Most GT/E's are modified now or a fridge haha. 

How good is yours dan, back in the mid ninties there was a place which I used to deliver to which had a blue gte coupe in the car park (welshpool) and thought back then it was quite a rare colour for a gte ,never knew what happened to it,was an absolute minter.B)

2 hours ago, evo3000 said:

Is it generally considered that the GTE coupe's are worth alot less than the exclusive coupe's:wacko:

this was a near minter ,sold last year was perfect underneath can find out price if you like as he didn't bother with the club and i helped him out a few times so got to the car

and the owner well and there only worth what someones willing to pay 

mikew.jpg

• Like 1