Time warp Manta GT S 1985 for sale

Clive

Title: Timewarp 1985 Manta 1.8 S hatchback - 44k miles

Content:

Hi all

My brother has decided to give up driving, and as a result I'm selling his 'timewarp' 1985 Manta S hatchback (1.8, 4-speed manual). The car is bronze metallic, with brown velour interior.

Having been family-owned (my father and him) since new, the car has always been garaged and serviced/MOT'd on schedule. We're digging out the service record, but the MOT history check (via the .gov.uk site) confirms both the mileage and the mechanical condition that the car has been maintained to.

As you can see from the photographs, the car is entirely original, and unmodified in any way. It even has a number of 'period' anti-theft stickers to demonstrate originality.

The car is in generally good mechanical condition, and bodywork is reasonable for the age. However, a little rust is showing around the arches (as can be seen by the photos) and on the sills (as per the last MOT). The interior is in excellent condition, and scrubs up exceptionally well for a 31-year old car. The engine and gearbox are smooth and it runs well.

Having kept an eye out for adverts over the past few weeks, there seem to be very few Mantas left in this kind of original condition. This is not a garage queen, and has been regularly used - please bear this in mind.

We are looking for somewhere the region of £1,000, but will listen to sensible offers to send it to a good home.

The car is located in Swansea, South Wales, and can be viewed flexibly (including daytime) with notice.

You can contact me on MOBILE or EMAIL.

Edited by stoo2000
Removed contact info

Also please send pics to me:

admin (at) opelforum (dot) org (dot) nz 

6 hours ago, Volksdevil said:

PPS: People really shouldn't be posting their email addresses online, it's asking for tons of never ending SPAM! It's the number one way for a 'BOT' to pick up and add your email address to thousands of SPAM lists.

Hopefully should foil the Spam bots!

Here are the pictures that Clive E-Mailed me.

The file sizes varied from 1.3 to 2.0Mb so if you were trying to upload more than 2 into a post it would have exceeded the 5MB limit, that might have been your problem.

I think file size is the problem that most people have. As even a smart phone takes a pic around 2MB now, and trying to load up 3 pics is enough to bust the 5MB limit. A proper compact or SLR camera is even worse, i know when i re-did the Ascona pictures for Ian Martin the originals were around 8MB each!

Edited by mantasrme
  • Like 1

Good honest & original looking car,and looks to be in good shape considering its been used and not a garage ornament.:D

Rare colour aswell what was the GM name for that colour:unsure:

Edited by evo3000

You could make some decent money breaking that.

I am joking! Don't shoot me...

There aren't many 1800s left, mine being one of them. DVLA says 9 left on the road.

I hope someone buys it and gets it back to it's former glory, nice interior with the '400' door cards:thumbup

I like the colour too.

Up for this one..in my smallish budget zone, looks good inside and I can sort the body other probably than the final paint to make it nice. Need to get it back from Wales though and it's too far to expect my poor old Dad to drive back with the trailer, just driving the Landy is hurting his chest at the minute (ticker trouble) Anyone know of any reasonably priced transport? failing that the other option is to book it in for an mot but I doubt the Police would be happy with a car in Wales going for an mot in Stockport as an excuse!

2 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

Up for this one..in my smallish budget zone, looks good inside and I can sort the body other probably than the final paint to make it nice. Need to get it back from Wales though and it's too far to expect my poor old Dad to drive back with the trailer, just driving the Landy is hurting his chest at the minute (ticker trouble) Anyone know of any reasonably priced transport? failing that the other option is to book it in for an mot but I doubt the Police would be happy with a car in Wales going for an mot in Stockport as an excuse!

Has it not got a current mot as its in regular use.:unsure:

it doesn't have an mot....

I''ll see if he can get me added to the insurance, now this is shameful but I've never towed the trailer before :unsure: Can always have a practice round the field...few old landrover shells lying about so not too bad if one of those falls off :rolleyes: and then SLOW on the way back!