Dealer sticker

BigJohn

These guys can make them http://www.dmb.uk.com/ if you get a photo of the sticker you want. They have a couple on file, they did a Bridge Motors one for me, the sticker is an exact copy from a scan of an original, the tax disc holder has been designed by them as I've no idea what an original looked like.

They also have Laws of Glasgow on file I think, as per this thread 

Bridge Motors - Opel - Rear decal and tax disc.JPG

• Like 3

I still have a 70's Turret Motors dealer sticker on mine which is looking a little worse for wear now so should probably photograph it and have it reprinted before our sun destroys it!

I just bought this 20 page full color 77/78 Opel Ascona brochure from eBay because it had a Turret motors stamp on the back of it....

Not sure if im OCD or just Nerd!? 

$_3.JPG

• Like 2

I used this company to get Opel dealer stickers made up. Their service - and the quality of the stickers - is excellent.

I didnt have a sticker or photo to send them ...they were able to recreate it from a sketch which I made from memory! :)

Sticky Fingers Decals - http://martincull.create.net/

My local dealer growing up in the 80's (draft copy of sticker)...

Coleborns Sticker.jpg

Edited by Berlinetta

As in, it's for sale? If so, is it a lick n stick type or a glued, "Oh my days how do I get this bugger off" type. I would be interested if DMB don't reply to my email. Cheers, John

Update, ordered a bridge motors from DMB

Edited by BigJohn
update

McNamars, that's a name from the past, think they got sold to the Marshall Group in the early 90's. I remember going there once to pick some parts up, the parts dept was upstairs and was painted in the light blue of the GM in your sticker, don't think it has seen any paint since the 70'

Andy

Edited by andyc

10 hours ago, BigJohn said:

Ordered a Bridge Motors dealer sticker from DMB this morning, it's appropriate as I bought the car from Ben, The Scribe of Lincoln.

Damn, now everyone will have one, should've kept my trap shut ;) It is a bit larger than a normal dealer sticker as the Opel and BM bits on the ends are like "extras", but I'm certain it's the correct size.

I was pleased to get a scan of an original sticker, as Bridge Motors was my local dealer as a kid, and I went a few times with my neighbour and his dad. It was the dad who started my love affair with Mantas, as he had two A series, and then a B. I seem to remember his B was the same colour as BigJohn's, and was also a 1600 but I could well be wrong.

The idea I've had with my car (which was actually registered in Inverness) is that I'll get a tax disc made up from when it was two or three years old so it'll look like Bridge Motors sold it as a second hand car. Kind of sad, but it pleases me.

Probably a bit late now you've ordered John, but it looks like Noop was Chelmsford registered, so there's a good chance it was supplied new by Jones of Chelmsford. There's a user on here called autowatch who used to work for them and has at least one car that was supplied by them, which I think still has it's dealer sticker in the rear window. Could be worth dropping him a PM to see if you can get a photo and sizes of it?

Edited by 1900SR
  • Like 1

Steve, according to Noop's history file, the original dealer was, Fairfield Performance Cars, Leigh on Sea, who are now a BMW dealer on a different sales pitch. (Do BMW dealers have pitches, or retail outlets?). My local Lancaster dealer is now an Arnold Clark franchise, but I have met the son of original owner of the dealership (Hargreaves) and they don't have any stickers in their archives. John.

On 08/02/2016 at 7:33 PM, BigJohn said:

As in, it's for sale? If so, is it a lick n stick type or a glued, "Oh my days how do I get this bugger off" type. I would be interested if DMB don't reply to my email. Cheers, John

Update, ordered a bridge motors from DMB

If you mean the one I put up, it's just from a picture I found on the web, sorry!

I don't have the dealer sticker in my car but do have this:

P1010216.thumb.JPG.702256df775b9c7d6c6d0

I made this one up myself. Printed on a home ink jet printer. Can't remember what is what printed onto, either the overhead projector clear plastic sheet stuff or a sticky back plastic sheet made for ink jet printers. The Manta Magic sticker is at the top.