1984 Manta Coupe (non-sunroof) project near Canterbury, Kent.

On 10/02/2016 at 9:42 AM, TheRealExile said:

I've stopped posting anything I find as people stealth in on them

I am not looking to buy another Manta so i give a 'heads up' on here to all those wanting a Manta so they can see whats out there.

With three days to go it is at £360, true there will probably be a lot of bidding activity in the last few minutes so that price will rise dramatically, but to how much ?

If this Manta has truely got very little rot the restoration cost would not be huge compared with other project cars, and when it is restored you would have a Non-sunroof GTE Coupe and how much would that be worth ?

So you could bid what seemed like a lot of money but ultimately spend less in total getting it back on the road than what the Manta will be worth, It all comes down to the condition of the car and how far the bidding goes.

• Like 1

this is a complete car less seats & rear bumper with very little rust. Repair work is needed but it's not rust restoration.

i will do a deal & pull it off eBay for any club member. It needs saving, I've just run out of space,time & the cash will finish my A series !!!  

• Like 4

I think the three other people who have posted on this thread should get together.....

The Real Exile - Terry you are looking for a Manta

Davo - you are willing to sell this Manta to a club member

Mr Abbott - you have the skills to bring Mantas back to life

So The Real Excile you join the club, Then Davo you sell this Manta to The Real Excile who then agrees a price for Mr Abbott to work his magic, result - everyone is happy !!

• Like 1

You make a good point Mantaman....pm sent!

Although I will be trying to do most of the work myself other than final paint and help on the rear quarters, never gone that far with bodywork before! and I'll probably need lots of help finding the parts at a fair price...

ps Mantaman, the stealth wasn't aimed at you, it's just frustrating when the ones in my price range get snapped up by traders or people who already have a collection, but that's life! had I not had work and had transport same day I could have had clive's low mileage hatch.

Edited by TheRealExile
adds
  • Like 2

Paid my OMOC membership and we have a deal done on the Manta :D just sorting collection out now....Mrs is happy so long as I sort the garage out and store it in there.

For anyone who hasn't joined yet it's well worth it, the amount of things opened up on the forum alone makes it worthwhile!

Anyway I'm like a kid in a sweetshop at the minute, so let me apologise in advance for all the daft questions I ask so I don't mess things up too much :rolleyes:

• Like 8

Well done, eventually after a few good opportunities slipped through your fingers you have eventually got your manta :thumbup at one point I did think you were going to be defeated in your search but perseverance paid off. Looking forward to reading your thread.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

Paid my OMOC membership and we have a deal done on the Manta :D

Brilliant !! and welcome to our Club ! I don't think there could have been a more perfect outcome, Davo sells the Manta to a club member, Terry you have your Manta at last !

• Like 1

I'm well chuffed :D I'll get some pics up when it arrives. Wings are off already for transport so think I'll attack behind there first and put some future rot proofing in place. Then it's a case of just arches or full rear quarters...hmmm so much to do, can't wait to crack on:D  and Mr Abbott isn't a million miles away if I go a bit wrong on the tricky bits! 

• Like 2

Mrs already moaning as it's not pretty :rolleyes: been showing her some of the restorations on here and just what can be done...telling her it's much more important that it's not rot....My Project begins at clearing out the garage this weekend to make room as I want it outside for as short a time as possible until it's fully tin worm proofed, think I'm too ashamed at the state of the garage to post a pic :unsure: as a bonus though I have found a temporary cover whilst starting to dig, a huge garden swimming pool :lol: 

• Like 2