Manta Hatch 1987, one owner from new, Waterlooville, Hampshire

I believe that's actually Platinum rather than White Gold Ian, certainly the DVLA have it down as silver. Still a rare colour for a GT/E as they only used it for about a year on Mantas. Pity it's Chicago grey rather than brown interior though.

And fair play served 18 years daily service with the same owner, alot newer cars fail this kind of use:wacko:

And you can see she's been cherished and rewarded over the years with nice gift/mods,chrome rocker,bonnet struts, boost valve,k&N,radtray,h/light conversion,400 mirrors

Looks like she has a sportex or Ashley system on so with the k&n the good old cih will be giving out its best in standard form.

Nice bonus with the hard to come by fogged front bumper/spoilerB)

Looks like a ideal one for the burnley boys to take on perhaps :thumbup,or anyone else that's in a position to.

But the bidding is strong already on this so looks like lots of other folk can see its potential aswell.....I like it.:D

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, 1900SR said:

I believe that's actually Platinum rather than White Gold Ian

I think your right, looked at the auction pictures again more carefully, this would tie in with it's age, Platinum was one of the colours available on Exclusives, which is why it has the red piped exclusive interior when it is a GT/E, probably the only type of Recaro seat interior being produced by then.

This Manta could be the youngest GT/E still about, by 1987 the Exclusive branding and fittings where being put on almost every Manta, including 1800.

12 hours ago, evo3000 said:

But the bidding is strong already on this so looks like lots of other folk can see its potential aswell.....I like it.:D

The price hasn't move for a day now, someone could be lucky, everyone now knows to bid a little amount above a large figure, for example £103.60, so everybody tries to just outbid each other by a few pence, so a large bid will always come out ontop, if anyone really wanted this Manta rather than trying to win it by ten pence work out how much they are prepared to pay for it and what they think it is worth and put that maximum in as a bid.