Are you cutting up a coupe? I need some metal.

stradacab

I'm starting to gather parts for the restoration of LVV. The panel at the bottom of the rear window is badly holed, I had planned on letting in patches in but it's a bit worse then I thought. I had a bright idea and wondered if anyone has an old coupe shell they can cut some metal off for me. Basically I was thinking is someone could cut this section off across the car and about,may, 6 inches deep I could graft the entire part in which would make for a much nicer repair. Can you help please?

pic below to show what I need and the width. Thanks 

image_zpsdlvt2a8n.jpeg

Edited by stradacab
  • Like 1

Here's some pictures. 

Pics show each end & the middle as it was better to get close ups on each part rather that the whole thing. 

The rear is cut at the b posts & stood up on end if you wondering what angle it's all at !!!

theres a bit of rust on one end but it's not holded & it's contained to the flat part that sits under the window rubber. 

Hope that all makes sense !!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That is fabulous! I can let a tiny piece into that lip if it is a bit ripe but that is obviously a world away from what I'm staring from here,

if you could cut it off at the wings and then about 6 inches into the parcel shelf that will give me more than enough to create a full width repair panel. I'll pm you in a bit and thanks for your help