AGM 2016 Voting

Loobie Maher

Proposal

Please tick if you vote in favour of the proposal.

I propose that the Chairperson of the Opel Manta Owners Club should be changed every 3 years, depending on someone wanting to take on that role.

I propose that the Constitution is changed from 4 Magazines a year to 2 Magazines a year.

I propose that the Constitution is changed from 4 Executive meetings a year to 2 Executive meetings a year.

There have not been any proposals received from members for this year’s AGM. Therefore, these proposals are ones that were formed at past meetings and need to be voted on. Votes have been taken in the past regarding the Magazine and Executive meetings, however, the Constitution has not been amended.

If you are unable to attend the meeting to vote in person:

Reply via the OMOC forum

Email msmaher24@hotmail.com

Telephone 01926 641574

Text 07905255828   Please text only as I cannot answer my phone during the day.

Facebook messages are great as long as they are sent via private messenger and not put on the public area as these will automatically be deleted and remain not valid.

• 3 months later...

As a relatively new member with very little time for IT affairs; who doesnt spend their life on web sites or Forums I would definitely vote against any reduction in issues of this club's magazine (the fact that I have only just read the Treasurers posting on the AGM proposals). I have just relinquished Chairmanship of another classic car club (SROC) after 5 years and am still a committee member and with around 200 paid members we can still manage to produce 4 mags a year (in full colour throughout I might add). Admittedly the age profile is older than OMOCs but I would hazard a guess that many members would prefer a 'hard copy' magazine that they can savour without continually searching the Forum for info.

I would add my vote for a regular rotation of Chairmanship as each would bring fresh thinking.

To end, I would be amazed that any club can be effectively managed on just two executive meetings per year....unless there is frequent dialogue by the committee via cyberspace in lieu of face-to-face meetings. If not, this proposal gets my veto.

5 hours ago, saddlesniffer said:

As a relatively new member with very little time for IT affairs; who doesnt spend their life on web sites or Forums I would definitely vote against any reduction in issues of this club's magazine (the fact that I have only just read the Treasurers posting on the AGM proposals). I have just relinquished Chairmanship of another classic car club (SROC) after 5 years and am still a committee member and with around 200 paid members we can still manage to produce 4 mags a year (in full colour throughout I might add). Admittedly the age profile is older than OMOCs but I would hazard a guess that many members would prefer a 'hard copy' magazine that they can savour without continually searching the Forum for info.

I would add my vote for a regular rotation of Chairmanship as each would bring fresh thinking.

To end, I would be amazed that any club can be effectively managed on just two executive meetings per year....unless there is frequent dialogue by the committee via cyberspace in lieu of face-to-face meetings. If not, this proposal gets my veto.

Thankyou for your input. Unfortunatly this years AGM was held in April and so the above proposils have already been voted on.

All three proposals passed.

The resson the magazine has been cut to 2 issues a year, is very simple, we stuggled to get enough content from members to fill 4 magazines. The club also does not have a magazine editor, this possition has been vacant for a while, and was being done by our printer. But the printer is unable to do the editing any more.

As I am sure you are aware, being on the committee of another car club, the magazine editor is no small job and our current committee do not have the spare time.

The club would love to go back to 4 magazines a year, and has the buggit to do so, but a magazine needs content.

Regarding the executive meeting, yes there is frequent dialogue by the committee via cyberspace and phone, in lieu of face-to-face meetings.

• Like 1