the slowest project ever

Shaun400r

hi guys n girls ive owned mantas for last 5 years or so i currently own a 400r and a gte exclusive coupe so when i saw this hatchback only 25 miles away i thought i would have a go at the main resto myself as in the past david (mantasrme) has always done the welding and engine installs and many other bits n bobs     ive bought a welder    (mantasrme puts his head in his hands at this point lol) and now have some access to my gaffers shed with ramp electric and of course the essential heater lol     as its my first project and ive never held a welder progress will be slow but im sure with some guidence from here i will get there its staying standard so in theory apart from the welding everything else should pose no real problems             so summary on first glance couple of holes on inner wings mainly 1 side front jacking point on drivers side not been on the ramp yet the guy said the swan necks were in decent order but i fully expect them to need attention sunroof area bad //          interior has mould and a little wear on drivers bolster has working elec windows all seems complete genuine vosa backed milage of 67k      ive been selling most of my coupe spares and didnt think i would end up with 3 mantas but im sure im not alone in unexpected purchases lol hopefully the pics will load up here goes

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 1

I like the checked seats :thumbup Mine could be equally slow! I realised a few weeks back that it was 1998 since I last did any welding! looks like I have a rear quarter to replace for starters a wheel arch and then a pair of sills and I haven't really started digging yet!

6 hours ago, Shaun400r said:

ive bought a welder    (mantasrme puts his head in his hands at this point lol)

:o :o how did you know?

That is exactly what i did when i read about the welder :P

When you have it on the ramp can i come up and poke it with a screwdriver to make the rusty holes bigger :ph34r:

• Like 1