Mattig 400 style kit name?

falk5150

I am no expert on kits , I have built a 400r and a Mantzel  car. Not every ones cup of tea, but they are both nice in their own way and it is a period MOD.   I fitted the Mantzel kit to my car  that's what it was called on the certs that were stuck to the inside of the panels. Wheels are tricky and costly to get. I was lucky enough to buy all the bits including a car, I needed to build my mantzel off P.W.S Jim in Montrose over several years as it happens. I think there are other narrow body kits that are also mantzel kits. The kit I got does have the panels that go on the doors.

The front 400 kit differs from the mantzel as the front wings are joined across the front with a valance, the mantzel front bumper wraps around the corner and the wings sit on top of the bumper. I have seen a 400r done with a mantzel front end and 400 rear arches, looked nice also. The mantzel kit makes my 400r look narrow, it sticks out 8 inches from the body at the rear. As it stands , mine wont go on a car transported as the rear wheels are wider that the trailer bed. The 400r fits fine. Hope that gives you an idea,  that's just my take on things. It s always possible to change the rear wheels for standard wheels to get it on a trailer if need be...........

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, GerryC400 said:

I am no expert on kits , I have built a 400r and a Mantzel  car. Not every ones cup of tea, but they are both nice in their own way and it is a period MOD.   I fitted the Mantzel kit to my car  that's what it was called on the certs that were stuck to the inside of the panels. Wheels are tricky and costly to get. I was lucky enough to buy all the bits including a car, I needed to build my mantzel off P.W.S Jim in Montrose over several years as it happens. I think there are other narrow body kits that are also mantzel kits. The kit I got does have the panels that go on the doors.

The front 400 kit differs from the mantzel as the front wings are joined across the front with a valance, the mantzel front bumper wraps around the corner and the wings sit on top of the bumper. I have seen a 400r done with a mantzel front end and 400 rear arches, looked nice also. The mantzel kit makes my 400r look narrow, it sticks out 8 inches from the body at the rear. As it stands , mine wont go on a car transported as the rear wheels are wider that the trailer bed. The 400r fits fine. Hope that gives you an idea,  that's just my take on things. It s always possible to change the rear wheels for standard wheels to get it on a trailer if need be...........

Mate if you have successfully built a 400r and a evo manta,i think you have entered expert territory there,respect is due:thumbup

The narrow mantzel kit was the elegance kit,which did not have any arch extension,paulmanta has a v8 one in the club.

There was a evo 2 kit which was not as wide I think...:blink:

Lets see some more pics of your creations,i for one would love to see them,post them up mate.:thumbup

used to have a evolution kitted manta back in the day rear tyres were 285/50 x15

sold it as I couldn't afford new tyres at the time and hopefully the owner who I sold it to will get it on the road soon

1 hour ago, garymanc said:

used to have a evolution kitted manta back in the day rear tyres were 285/50 x15

sold it as I couldn't afford new tyres at the time and hopefully the owner who I sold it to will get it on the road soon

not the one that mantadave has by any chance is it.:D

I used to have one aswell,sold it to nuttynik.

• Like 2

Cheers chaps, but I'm a bit of an anorak myself.:D

it's none of the above.

It literally is a 400 kit with tapering out side skirts and wider than 400 arches.

We're making copies of my Irmscher rears to cut about and make wider, but mi mate works even slower than I do.:rolleyes:

There are two 400 kits (Rally and Road) perhaps it's the Rally one you mean? I think the rally 400 kit protrudes into the petrol flap area, whereas the road 400 kit doesn't?

Only other one I can think of is Rieger? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=manta+Rieger&espv=2&rlz=1C1SVEE_enGB411GB411&biw=1048&bih=1030&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVrKLT-PXLAhWCmBoKHVRHDwwQ_AUIBigB&dpr=0.9 

There's the two 400 kits, one with mounting flange (oo-er!) outside and one inside and the Bosch kit. But there's another and I'm pretty convinced its mattig

I'd show you, but don't how to put a pic up tho dudes.:rolleyes:

Edited by falk5150

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5-4-2016 at 20:21, falk5150 said:

There's the two 400 kits, one with mounting flange (oo-er!) outside and one inside and the Bosch kit. But there's another and I'm pretty convinced its mattig

I'd show you, but don't how to put a pic up tho dudes.:rolleyes:

Any luck finding out which one?

Here's another link, scroll down to "Andere Extreme Kits". Might find it there.

http://www.mattig-manta.be/