Manta B coupe lower repair panels

paris gte

• 7 years later...
On 10/06/2016 at 16:24, paris gte said:

New old stock came with a car I got £30 each + postage.

i can take to billing if payed for in advance 

also will be listing other repair panels full sills both sides, rear arches and a lower rear valance soon.

image.jpeg

I know these parts in 2016 but do you of the same available now I've looked at all panel suppliers  I had a message from Paul who said he would look for me I'm waiting on that but no harm finding out if can help I would be very great full 

I got these panels around 5/6 years ago from Dr Manta in Germany.

Ordering was a bit of a pain as I recall, you had to make your order on the site, then receive an invoice which I had to pay in my bank via a bank transfer.

I don't know if the process has got any better although I don't imagine our EU position helps (when I got parts from Manta Dany I had to have them shipped to my sister in Holland then forwarded on).

My Dr Manta order was worth the hassle though as I was getting other stuff too (A-posts etc.).

Hope this helps 🙂 

Edited by Scott Boyd

I got some stuff off him 2years ago, same thing really. Pretty straightforward once the payment is sent. Do yourself a favour if you not got one and get a Revolute card or similar for international bank transfers in other currencies it could not be simpler or cheaper. You get best live exchange rates and you just send it with the iBAN through the app. 

There was no hassle at all with the Dr Manta posting and I don't recall any import duty. It was after the vote but probably before some of the consequences started to appear. Prior to all this my sister and I would send each other parcels every month (just bric-a-brac, Mr Kiplings and Heinz stuff mostly for her 🙂 ) but we don't do this anymore because of the customs / tax hassles (it seems even when there's no charge DPD still add a couple of quid to say so...).

Manta Dany was a straight no to UK two years ago which is a shame because he has some really good items. 

As Herman says, Altopelhilfe (hilfi hilfi I've often thought while working on mine 🙂 ) and our friends at Edelschmiede are good for UK.

4 hours ago, H-400 said:

Yeah, on the mainland we have the same problems as you. Nobody seems to know how to work with the Brexit taxes. 

I posted it in another topic: This webshop posts to the UK as mentioned on their website:

https://www.altopelhilfe.de/product_info.php?info=p5407_endspitze-manta-b-links.html

It’s simple, really simple really mate. 
Even if they do not want to remove the local tax (vat in uk) most will pay this. 
Then use DHL etc and fill in the online form that stats very basic questions and it ships easy. 

It’s this side (UK) where we need to pay any additional money. But DHL as an example use Postoffice (it’s actually ParcelForce for UK readers) who organise the collection of the extra fees. If they mess up the declaration, it can hit us hard here, but it’s really not hard to ship to the UK.

I believe that there are still individuals within some countries that are holding their personal opinions about Brexit and this may play a part in it sometimes. They ship to people in the USA that has same rules for export/import from EU without issue 🫣

Edited by Jessopia74

On 24/01/2024 at 22:01, ALAN MANTA78 said:

many thanks I will give it a go and let you know how I get on  and hopefully  see other manta folk soon

Tried the Dr manta site in Germany but they are not shipping any parts to UK shame as they are losing out on sales

• Sad 2

On 24/01/2024 at 22:01, ALAN MANTA78 said:

many thanks I will give it a go and let you know how I get on  and hopefully  see other manta folk soon

Tried the Dr manta site in Germany but they are not shipping any parts to UK shame as they are losing out on sales

When I went on their site there was no UK in the listings of countries they deal with so I had to give up.

23 hours ago, ALAN MANTA78 said:

When I went on their site there was no UK in the listings of countries they deal with so I had to give up.

Did you try eBay.de with the same exact name the part has on Dr.manta?