Rubber or polybush?

Mike.

How easy or difficult is it to renew the bushes? Both front and back sub frames are off for painting and most rubber bushes are badly perished and the bolt rusted into the steel tube inside the bush. Now is the time to address this. What is the availability of a complete set of rubber bushes for a manta b or should I put in polybush. My intention is to use the car on the roads again, no track days or races as polybush offer different grades. Has anybody had similar problems and found a solution or supplier?

• Like 1

From a personal point of view, if you can find them use rubber bushes if the is staying on the road. Fitted a set of poly bushes to a hatch a few years back but now taking them out again to replace with rubber as they are just to harsh

Andy

• Like 1

I used superflex bushes and recommend them. They are stiffer than rubber but give you a good ride, but that's my opinion.

The only ones to be a pain to change are the big ones that go in the lower arm to subframe and trailing link on the front axle. I ended up chamfering the lead edge to help get them started.

TJM and Retropower sell them.

Thanks lads. The availability of rubber bushes seem non existing, these would be my first choice I'll check Edelschimede and dr manta. I have searched the Internet and local parts suppliers dingbro and Reid for speed and they can't get any. I'll be on the phone to Retropower soon regarding parts I've ordered  didn't know they did polybushes so I'll speak to them regarding there kits. it's really availability of bushes I think that's going to be the key, i don't want to hold up the project either. The problem ones are the front trailing arms that go on to the swan necks, had to cut the bolts and one on the passenger wishbone.

Edited by Mike.
Spacing.

There are also other suppliers,most of them in Germany 

If you google   "dämpfungsbuchse manta b" you will find al lot of them. For me it's easy caus I lived 8 

years in Germany. Try M&M Dronten (Netherland) also, they are going to visit Billing and take orders with them.

Edited by H-400

16 hours ago, 611 said:

I would use www.edelschmiede.com  not Dr Manta, much more helpful :-)

Andy

I have used 'edelschmiede' to source mechanical parts for my '78 B .... he's a nice guy to deal with and will reply in english.

Just send him an email with your requirements. I've found that it's best to place a big order (rather than several) as the postage appears

to be €18 for most order - regardless of parcel size (within reason I suppose).

• Like 1

A few more links on here as well, all ones i have used.

http://www.theopelproject.com/?page_id=219

Andy

11 hours ago, Berlinetta said:

I have used 'edelschmiede' to source mechanical parts for my '78 B .... he's a nice guy to deal with and will reply in english.

Just send him an email with your requirements. I've found that it's best to place a big order (rather than several) as the postage appears

to be €18 for most order - regardless of parcel size (within reason I suppose).

Think he has an ebay shop (or use to) and that tends to be better on postage :-)

Andy

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:16, Mike. said:

How easy or difficult is it to renew the bushes? Both front and back sub frames are off for painting and most rubber bushes are badly perished and the bolt rusted into the steel tube inside the bush. Now is the time to address this. What is the availability of a complete set of rubber bushes for a manta b or should I put in polybush. My intention is to use the car on the roads again, no track days or races as polybush offer different grades. Has anybody had similar problems and found a solution or supplier?

Poly bushes for me every time, you know you'll never have to touch them again.

I got my set from TJM (Superpro) and they are a good fit, comes with all inserts and outer sleeves for the wishbones so just throw all the old crap away.....