Front brake options on mk1 Cavvy maintaining 13ins rostyles?

Rob36

Hi all. Im hoping to pick the brains of anyone whos in the know!

Mk mk1 Cavvy coupe has had brake issues recently - front calipers seized, causing everything to get rather hot. Theyre now unseized & cleaned up, sliders and whatnot are ok, but the seals etc have melted and an overhaul is needed - 

I was just wondering about possible upgrades to more modern disks / calipers? Is there anything bolt-on that fits under the standard 13ins rostyles? I had quite a long search on here - found plenty on Audi disks and vectra calipers, but also read they dont fit under 13s! The car is a standard 1900 auto at present, so nothing OTT is needed.

Can anyone suggest anything? Otherwise I guess Ill attempt to sort these with a refurb kit. Must admit I havent got too much experience messing around with calipers etc, but I guess theres only one way to learn!

Rob

I just had exactly the same issue with the Cavalier. Do you have the single piston fixed caliper on sliders? If so Brakes International in Rochdale do new ones for a very good price. They do have them despite the hyperlinked catalogue page saying they don't. I just changed them rather than faffing about with a re-build kit. Hope this helps.

http://brakeparts.co.uk/#!/shop/OPEL/MANTA/75-84/MANTA 1.6 & 1.9 models/Front - Brake Calipers and Wheel cylinders/BCA0691

Edited by P6ULO