New Member - Scotland - Manta B GTE

A18FRU

Hello.

I'm Archie, From Ayrshire.

I'm 28, Motor Mechanic by Trade but i work in Aerospace now.

Been driving just over 10 years, Owned around 60 cars, Mostly Vauxhall or Honda, Variety is the spice of life and all that.

My Dad had a couple of Mantas when i was a boy, Probably about 23 years ago.

Always said i'd get one, And i just happened to win a nice GTE on eBay.

Probably wont get started on it for a few months, Just happy to have found one eventually.

Also have a Corsa B shell i'm doing a buildup and running a Focus RS as a daily.

• Like 3

Hi Archie

welcome to manta ownership it's always good news to hear of another manta in Scotland, I was keeping an eye on the nice red gte coupe D reg on e bay looks a great starting point and apart from the roof it looks fresh from the showroom going by the photos, is this the one you now own? You will need to post up photos I never get tired of seeing manta's. like your choice of daily driver! :thumbup

• Like 1

Yes mate thats the one !

Personally i think it takes a good picture and i'm expecting it to need a lot of work.

I've had Nova's and Corsa GSI's in the past that have been rotboxes so i'm no stranger to hunting for rot :ph34r:

All going well she'll be with me come next weekend, Probably just gonna give it a clean and fire it up then cover it up in the garage, Might stick it in for an MOT to give me and idea of what i'm getting into.

Expecting it will need brake lines, fuel lines and some welding at the very least.

It'd be nice to get some use out of it for a month or two before i start to restore it however.

4 hours ago, robah said:

Hi and welcome to Manta Ownership, I am sure someone on here is selling a solid none sunroof coupe roof for approx. £150. I have seen it on the Facebook site.

Thanks mate i did see that, Would like to keep the car in its original spec but i'll look at that one again.

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 19:47, A18FRU said:

Thanks mate i did see that, Would like to keep the car in its original spec but i'll look at that one again.

You will need a new roof, fixing a rotten one is a pretty major task, check out the threads on here.

And, good luck of course, welcome to Bedlam.

On 18 July 2016 at 14:08, plumster said:

You will need a new roof, fixing a rotten one is a pretty major task, check out the threads on here.

And, good luck of course, welcome to Bedlam.

Hi mate, Car got delivered yesterday and being honest its nowhere near as bad as it looked in the photos.

The painter/panelbeater i use should have a walk in the park with it.

On 18 July 2016 at 22:53, kenny dock said:

In Paisley if you need anything 😊

Cheers mate appreciated.

On 18 July 2016 at 23:36, brianm said:

Welcome Archie ,where about in ayrshire are you ...

Ayr mate, Yourself?

Archie I got a job lot of spare with mine if your looking for anything. I'm likley to be getting shot of some of it including;

2 bonnets

Headlights (2 sets. standard and quad style)

Bronze driver and passager glass

Steering rack

Front bumper with spoiler

Rear spoiler (3 piece)

And a few other bits and bobs

Billy

On 23 July 2016 at 20:23, Bonga said:

Archie I got a job lot of spare with mine if your looking for anything. I'm likley to be getting shot of some of it including;

2 bonnets

Headlights (2 sets. standard and quad style)

Bronze driver and passager glass

Steering rack

Front bumper with spoiler

Rear spoiler (3 piece)

And a few other bits and bobs

Billy

Ideal, Let me know whats all there and i'll probably take some of it off you.

Spares are always handy.

On 27 July 2016 at 22:59, Thebishop said:

Hi Archie I'm looking for a set of quad headlights and a 3 piece spoiler, any price in mind? I'm based in Ireland so would need to organise a courier. Regards

I believe its Bonga who has the spare parts for sale mate.