400 kit

Manta78

Well my cars getting to the stage where im on the lookout for a 400 kit. Have been told about something called a 'martin kit' at being the best? Anyone have one or know about these martin kits?

Owen

Rallytech borrowed a genuine ripple free 400 kit off me so I knew where to get spares.  Seeing as they have been doing bonnets and road sport kits for 20 years I figured they were a safe bet for long term availability. Need a bit of finishing on but so do most fibreglass kits. 

Moulds age and distort (better, thicker moulds last longer) which is why a lot of the old / cheap  / 2nd or 3rd generation copies / rally kits with external flanges for the rear arches used to take a lot of work.  They have moulds made in the last say 6 years IIRC,  from a ripple free kit. 

You pays your money and takes your choice.  Devifish's build thread uses one of these kits and Robbie, for those that remember took about 8 kits in a bulk buy

Lepo5 is your man to contact on here,who is a buddy of martin who produces his kits from the original irmscher moulds,which are generally regarded as good as it gets.:thumbup

The proof is in the pudding as they say:blink:

2AB0B389-10D4-4315-BB37-3FC0EC6536E4.jpg

• Like 2