Manta GT/E Gearbox

Jmekerr

Afternoon all,

Some of you may have seen my Hello post a few months back. I have a Chevette estate with the 2.0cih engine from Manta GT/E, it came out of an automatic and for ease of installation the box wasn't changed.

I am now after a manual box that will fit the engine and having contacting a few sellers on here (one being very helpful just too far away) I feel like it's going to be a bit of a struggle finding one.

I have also tried the search function but to not too much success. My question is what options do I have when it comes to fitting a manual box on to the 2.0? Am I stuck with the 240? If anyone has something that would do the job then please fee free to get in touch.

Cheers Jamie

The manual box from a mk2 Carlton 2.2 or even an early 3.0 12V Carlton GSi should do the trick as long as it's one with a cable clutch, think they used the R25 box. Getrag 265 from a Monza is another option if you've got deep pockets and aren't in any rush.

• Like 1