Noop on eBay !!!

I'm bloody incandescent! it also shows the valuation cert (but not the valuation, which is less than the asking price) which Dan and Kevin went to the trouble of preparing for me. I might have been taken for a mug, I have my operation on Wed morning and when I'm out words will be said with my friend who brokered the deal, and who works for the dealer selling Noop, strange that, eh?

Just as I was getting over selling Noop I begin to wonder what have I done, it is such a pretty car.

• Like 1

I must admit John I felt pretty annoyed when I saw the ad & it wasn't even my car.i know from when we spoke just after you brought the car you were a proper car nut!!! 

All  the best for Wednesday mate. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BigJohn said:

I'm bloody incandescent! it also shows the valuation cert (but not the valuation, which is less than the asking price) which Dan and Kevin went to the trouble of preparing for me. I might have been taken for a mug, I have my operation on Wed morning and when I'm out words will be said with my friend who brokered the deal, and who works for the dealer selling Noop, strange that, eh?

Just as I was getting over selling Noop I begin to wonder what have I done, it is such a pretty car.

All the best for Wednesday John.

• Like 1

John, good luck on Wednesday.

I can understand why you would be annoyed but I assume you were happy with the price your "friend" got you. I don't think you've been taken for a mug but possibly misled by your friend.

As for the price the dealer is asking, I would be surprised if he achieves it due to the fact that NOOP is a 1.6 auto DL model Manta Coupe but I do like the colour & the condition is very good.

If the rusty bit on the door bottom &  bottom of rear arch have been sorted since you bought it off Ben then I would guess the value is around £5K ?

Dave, I've cooled down now, I was more annoyed that my friend could have given me the heads up before Noop was advertised. I gave the guy who bought it a load of spares as he was buying the car as a keeper, I could have sold them on separately. It is his car to sell, but my friend is currently incommunicado to me at the moment, so I'm still waiting to see what has happened. I had the body done on Noop and fitted four new Uniroyals at a period size, plus all the little missing period bits which I had obtained from members on here, that is another reason I'm hacked off, I feel guilty at the goodwill made available to me by club members. Thanks all for the kindness to all re my operation and Noop, that's me out now for the moment.

John.

• Like 4

Good luck for your Op.

It is getting harder to tell genuine keeper/buyers these days as you see so many bought and re advertised at a higher price within a week. It is just the state of the world we live in and for us to keep up with it as best as possible. Hopefully you can get in touch with your friend and iron out the problems, maybe he is as dumbfounded as you on the buyers intent.