Irmscher CIH Rocker Cover

Last one I saw went for between  £500-600:o but that was fully finished and ready to fit,this one is not.

In the forth pic there is a suspect mark in the casting on the side:unsure:is this one of the copies that were made,have a look at the pics and see what you think.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Irmscher-Ventildeckel-Opel-4-Zyl-CIH-Manta-Ascona-Kadett-/162169014670?hash=item25c206c98e:g:buoAAOSwLqFV9WN-

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, yeti132 said:

Germany eBay klienanzeigen good site bought a few iteams for my Ascona i2000 that I am doing a totally rebuild on 

Can you show a pic of yours and a link to the site if you can mate,that would be great if you can.:thumbup

May interest other members as well although not to sure on that one,some may prefer the bog standard featureless piece of tin.:lol:

I currently have a Opel GT cover which is the next best thing to the irmy one,well I think so anyway.:blink:

DSCN0264.JPG

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 2

Yes got one of them as well came with the car brought the car from this site 3 years ago still on going but not rushing it 👌 So for it's been stripped to bear she'll which was in great condition little rush on inner wings and front panel which all got replaced with gm parts they came with the car also replaced back slam panel then seam sealed every joint under the car and inside engine bay then whent for paint which as taken forever all the white is done going back to do the yellow next year got the 2ltr Cih but also got a 2.4 Cih don't no which is going in yet got a set of 5 stud rear drive shafts with spare axle which will be made up with a zf LSD 3.44 crown wheel and pinon all new bearings for that got a set of front hubs 5 stud from TJM and all so a set of commodore hubs Billy's all round quick rack just got the top of the dash flocked so that it so far if I get chance will try and get some photos on but not great with computers 

• Like 3

That is way expensive. I prefer the Opel GT one, had mine powder coated by a wheel company, came out nice. I have a 2.4 ally cover if anyone wants it? Just pay the postage and a couple of quid to the Opel Project and it's yours. Moving house soon and any stuff i can't get rid of is going down the tip, seems a waste if someone can use it. (see pic at bottom) Just PM me if interested.  Andy

220520121590.jpg

030920121901.jpg

• Like 2

I wou,d be interested to hear how you get on with the 2.4 lump. If it's from a frontera, I know that they suffer from the cylinder bores wearing quite badly on higher mileage motors. The diesel crank is a better alternative I understand so be interested other which way you go. 

As for the Irmscher rocker cover, they are seriously rare now. The don't come up for sale that often and you don't  see that many fitted on cars either. They were expensive back in the 80's so I would expect this one to sell for that money. They do make a difference if you have solid lifters, as they keep the noise down a bit!

Sounds like a great car you have there why don't you put it on the projects page or even better into the club mag,there's a lot folk at there who would love to see it.

Anyway lets see a pic of your irmy rocker cover and website?..and also has anyone something to say about the one for sale or do I need to go to FB to make a comment.:lol::lol::lol: ...I showed you my car..now show me yours,i also have a 2.4,but its the subject matter I am interested in .if you know what I mean.:blink:

Edited by evo3000

25 minutes ago, evo3000 said:

Sounds like a great car you have there why don't you put it on the projects page or even better into the club mag,there's a lot folk out there who would love to see it.

Anyway lets see a pic of your irmy rocker cover and website?..and also has anyone something to say about the one for sale or do I need to go to FB to make a comment.:lol::lol::lol: ...I showed you my car..now show me yours,i also have a 2.4,but its the subject matter I am interested in .if you know what I mean.:blink::blink::blink::blink::thumbup

Looks like a genuine one aswell,as I tend to think that mantamike is right about the one I posted its a copy and of very poor quality.

Your irmy cover dwarves the GT one when there side by side,i have to say you did really well to bag that cover for £300 mate.

Cheers for posting:thumbup

Edited by evo3000