Gear disconnect in turns - automatic gear

Aditi

Good morning, friends

In addition to the gear combination, recently began a strange problems..

In turns and some curves the gear like slipping up as its disconnectd. and like its goes into neutral..

The rmp climbing freely and the car as lossing gas comment. 

Only at the end of the turn - the gear fits & connect back, and run properly.

Someone encounter similar falt like the following here ? From what the phenomenon stems? 

Its a manta 18S automatic 3 gears.. 

Aditi

You need to check the gearbox oil level.

Do this with the car running and in "P"  Dip the oil and check the level and add some.

If the level is ok then you may well have a blocked filter, get a filter and sump gasket kit for it (GM180 gearbox is probably what you have) also change the oil as it probably not been done in a long time.

Don't drive it like this, you will be damaging it. nothing kills an autobox faster than low oil and excess heat.  Parts are available online from hundreds of suppliers, its  common autobox and easy to work on and fully rebuild.

Thanks for the quick response Paul,

Proper oil level (even in the heat above 90+ degrees and above 20+)
and the oil is New, Castrol  dex 3

Abot the oil filter i'll check the issue and update
I'm pretty sure he also has replaced with gear oil.

There are other directions?
The phenomenon comes from the gearbox specifically? Not because Differential Maybe..

No, diff/rear axle wont cause this, I think you have a blocked filter or maybe the box itself is suffering wear.

The normal reason to lose drive in turns is the oil goes to one side as you turn and the oil pick up sucks air in, the air goes through the pump and the pressure that keeps the drive clutches together drops and you get slippage.

You MUST have the car on flat ground, engine running and the gear selector in Park when you remove the dipstick, wipe, replace and then check the level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo-Hydramatic_180

Edited by paulmanta

Strange, Don't understand from what this pheomenon has started.. 
and yes of course i checked on flat ground. its started after changing the oil & filter in the gear box..

Incidentally, speaking on the subject
there's a vacuum pipe/tube that connects from the gear to the where ? throttle or to the carburetor ?
Mine is not connected properly, and that's why i have difficults in replacing gears.. 

Anyone have a picture or diagram where it exactly where it connects and sitting..

Hi,

The vacuum pipe will go to a pipe on the Carb or inlet manifold somewhere, I forget where but its quite important to make sure its connected.

when you dip the gearbox oil is the dipstick on the left or right side of the engine ?  I know the engine oil stick is on the right side but I want to be sure which transmission you have.

Also, when you took the oil pan off the gearbox to change the oil and filter was the old oil dark and cloudy or was it a clear red colour ?

14 hours ago, paulmanta said:

Hi,
The vacuum pipe will go to a pipe on the Carb or inlet manifold somewhere, I forget where but its quite important to make sure its connected.

That I would love to see, even in exactly images or diagram if someone have..

The engine oil stick is in right side, and the gear stick is in left side - When standing in front of the car.
the old oil was brown, Without chips and dirt.. Now the new oil still is clear red  (I was checking the oil level)

Something is making the pressure low so the clutch packs are not able to hold the drive.

I think the clue is the disconnect in turns, the oil is moving away from the pick up filter and then the pump will be sucking air, this makes the problem.

Your fluid is low or the filter pick up is not fitted correctly.  Take the pan off and have a look, be careful of the gasket between the filter and valve body, if its slipped or missing this might be a cause.