MANTA SR

twigsr2.0

HELLO AGAIN FELLOW MEMBERS,

I'M JUST WONDERING CAN ANYBODY HELP ME WITH AN ISSUE I HAVE WITH MY MANTA B?

WHILST DRIVING ALONG THE ROAD, JUST LATELY, I'VE NOTICED THAT THE HAND BRAKE LIGHT FLICKERS ON & OFF. IT ALSO COMES ON & STAYS ON WHEN BRAKING & RUNNING ALONG THE ROAD IN GEAR. BUT IT GOES OFF WHEN I ACCELERATE.

I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE AN ISSUE WITH THE REAR BRAKES, OR HAND BRAKE CABLE, WITH THE HAND BRAKE LIGHT COMING ON & OFF.

I'VE CHECKED THE REAR BRAKES & THE HAND BRAKE CABLE & EVERYTHING SEEMS FINE. THERE'S NO EXCESIVE WEAR ON THE REAR BRAKE SHOES, THE REAR WHEELS SPIN FREELY ENOUGH & THE HAND BRAKE CABLE IS TAUGHT.

I MAY BE LOOKING AT THE WRONG THING ALTOGETHER BUT IT'S GETTING TO BE SO ANNOYING NOW.

HERE'S HOPING THAT SOMEONE MIGHT HAVE HAD A SIMILAR EXPRIENCE OR MIGHT KNOW WHAT IT IS THAT'S CAUSING THIS ISSUE.

IAN. :wacko:

THANKS FOR THAT INFO WAYNE.

I'LL CHECK ALL THOSE THINGS OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.

THANKS AGAIN

IAN

24 minutes ago, wayne ingham said:

Have you checked the brake fluid level 

Is the wiring to the hand brake switch shorting out on the floor 

Check the switch on the hand brake lever ok

As Wayne say check the brake fluid level. The brake warning light on the dash is not only for the handbrake being on but also the fluid level sensor. Sounds like it is a little low and as it sloshes around or you brake the fluid runs forwards away from the sensor and you get the light on.

Low fluid doesn't always mean a problem because as the brake pads wear the piston has to sit further out and therefore needs more fluid behind it which lowers the level in the reservoir. So if it is low have a look at the brake pads up front, if they are low and you are going to replace them don't top the fluid up first. Because if you do when you push the pistons back in to get the new pads in the fluid will overflow the reservoir and make a mess.

Hi guys,

Thanks again for the info you gave me, for the flickering hand brake light issue I had.

Just wanted to update the situation. So as advised I checked the brake fluid level & find it quite low.

But before I added anymore fluid, I checked the front brake pads & found they looked nearly new!

So topped the reservoir up & took the car for a good run today & had no flickering hand brake light anymore.

So just wanted to say many thanks to my fellow members for all the help & advice I had on this issue.

Thank you all very much!!!!!!!! :thumbup

• Like 1