MANTA B (RHD) NOS?! Windscreen wiper ARM

Kenny400

Hi all,

looking for another NOS WINDSCREEN WIPER ARM for my Manta B (rhd)

Got one so far ! 

A long shot I know but worth a try before some old rusty ones get blasted and painted

any help much appreciated to get this car finished at long last.

Edited by Kenny400

I have a pair in stock Kenny, but you can still get them in Germany. Try Matz Autoteile (opelverkauf@matz-autoteile.de) - they're showing 5 in stock. You'll need to give them the catalog number (12 72 559) and tell them it's for a Manta B.

They read/write good English but if you have trouble let me know as I make stock orders to them fairly regularly and can just include a pair on the order.

Cheers,
Nick

• Like 1

It doesn't show it as handed on the microfiche, Kenny, but I went and tried it on a car here and the wiper blade end certainly does look handed (photo attached). The arm itself is flat so the blade would sit at the same angle regardless of the direction it was mounted, but the bend at the end would be upwards or downwards depending on the direction it was mounted.

There is one more wiper that's shown on the fiche and based on this I'm guessing it's a mistake on the fiche. The arm is 12 72 560 / 90080881. Only a couple of German sellers are showing this in stock so it's quite possible that this is the RHD arm, especially given that the numbers are only one different from the other arm. Opel Classic Parts (info@opel-classicparts.com) have t3 of these in stock for around £9 apiece, so it is available.

Probably best in this situation is to email Frau Kohl at Opel Classic Parts and ask her to send you a photo of 12 72 560 and see if the bend at the end of the arm is in the opposite direction. If it is, my bets would be on that being the RHD arm. Frau Kohl again writes good English so you should have no problems there, and they're used to sending photos of parts if you ask for them.

Cheers,
Nick

IMG_9150.jpg