GRP twin headlights

rayjen2k

There will be a company offering this service at the NEC show in a few weeks so I'm guessing that Simon and I will pay them a visit. I might just chuck a spare bezel into my rucksack and see what they say. I'm guessing it won't be cheap though. 

Good thought! 

7 hours ago, Irmscher Man said:

There will be a company offering this service at the NEC show in a few weeks so I'm guessing that Simon and I will pay them a visit. I might just chuck a spare bezel into my rucksack and see what they say. I'm guessing it won't be cheap though. 

Good thought! 

I saw an episode of Car SOS a few weeks ago in which they were restoring a Mk1 Astra GTE and they got the missing centre caps for the alloys 3D printed using an original for the CAD model. They looked perfect and included the tabs for securing to the wheel, so I'd imagine that a new headlamp bezel shouldn't provide a problem apart from as you say the price. It's like all things, the cost of one or two wil be prohibitive but if you made say 50, the costs should fall correspondingly. Most of the costs are in probably in creating the 3D CAD model.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 09:25, Monaco Blue said:

I saw an episode of Car SOS a few weeks ago in which they were restoring a Mk1 Astra GTE and they got the missing centre caps for the alloys 3D printed using an original for the CAD model. They looked perfect and included the tabs for securing to the wheel, so I'd imagine that a new headlamp bezel shouldn't provide a problem apart from as you say the price. It's like all things, the cost of one or two wil be prohibitive but if you made say 50, the costs should fall correspondingly. Most of the costs are in probably in creating the 3D CAD model.

I saw that episode,my fave car show.:thumbup

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 00:01, rayjen2k said:

Just wondering if anyone is making new twin headlight surrounds.  

Mine are beyond repair.  

Hi ray ,I do have a spare set of twin headlights,but they are not irmscher ones as they have  the metal frame,yours for the club price of £40,if your interested mate.:thumbup

Your right Gary, he does.  

Seems like a really nice fella, but he keeps forgetting to reply to his private messages.

says he can do them for £80 a set. I said I'd take three sets, and then he never replied. 

Been waiting for a response, but no luck....

• Like 2