MANTA SR

twigsr2.0

HELLO AGAIN FELLOW MEMBERS

I'M IN DESPERATE NEED A DRIVERS WINDOW WINDING MECHANISM FOR MY MANTA B

THE ONE ON MY CAR HASN'T GOT THE GLASS RUNNER GUIDE & AS A RESULT THE GLASS KEEPS COMING OUT OF THE MAIN RUNNER.

I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT HAS GONE. HOW EVER THERE IS EVIDENCE THAT THERE WAS ONE ON THERE BEFORE BECAUSE THERE IS SOME RUBBER REMENTS ON THE GLASS. I'VE LOOKED IN THE BOTTOM OF THE DOOR, IN CASE IT FELL OF,  BUT ITS NOT THERE

HOPING SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS EITHER A GLASS GUIDE FOR MY EXISTING MECHANISM, OR CAN SELL ME A COMPLETE MECHANISM.

MANY THANKS

IAN.

I'm not quite sure which bit you are after there.

Do you still have the long piece of metal stuck on the bottom of the glass? if not you do not want a mechanism you need a door glass, or someone to remove the metal from the glass for you. The metal is the same between hatch and coupe but the glass is a different shape.

Or are you talking about the plastic shaped bit that is glued onto the rear end of the glass which goes between 2 flat parts of the rear glass guide as the window is just getting to fully closed, which stiffens the glass in the door to help keep it in the roof seal. If so i have a few spares of those.

Hi David,

I do have the long piece of metal that the glass sits into, but it's not stuck to the glass. I can lift the glass clean out of the door & the mechanism stays complete inside the door.

I didn't realised the glass is supposed to be stuck in the long metal piece.

But I am missing the plastic shaped bit on the rear of the glass. There is one on the passenger side, but completely missing on the drivers side.

So I am going to need one of those please. Could you give me a price for that part please.

Many Thanks

Ian