5 speed tunnel top and gearbox body mounts for Manta b

399 road

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has a scrap 5 speed car I could cut these panels out of? I'm converting my latest Manta ( a 4 speed lhd Gt/e ) to 5 speed and wanted to keep it factory looking. I've got a cordless angle grinder with mega thin slitting discs which wouldn't make much noise or mess and all this can be cut out from inside the car/shell if it's sat on the floor. I'm in Derbyshire but don't mind travelling too far to fetch these. Thanks.

Sorry, it's me who should apologise if that sounded a bit condescending, it was just a suggestion. Having said that I've just realised who you are and I remember your white Ascona, my suggestion was the easy way out but the work involved in your plan should be no issue for someone like yourself :)

Cheers mate. Can't believe how many familiar names I see when I look on here. The white Ascona has slowly been deteriorating and needed painting again at least five years ago. I haven't got time to do it again so that's why I decided to reshell it into a body with good paint. All the running gear has been rebuilt or replaced with new over the last few years or so, so it makes sense to bolt this lot which is tried and tested into another shell. It should drive exactly like the Ascona does and only take me a week, rather than months of welding prep and painting. The old two door Ascona shell should fetch a fair bit too once I've unbolted the fast bits.

Ok, i may have forgot to look them out when i said i would.

But i have just had a dig around in the shed and found the tunnel mounts for you

Say £10 for the pair, don't have a tunnel top though

Edited by mantasrme

Yeah collection is not a problem, have a think if there is anything else you want (there's a lot of manta spares kicking around here)

I'm around pretty much any time you want to come up, just let me know when is best for you.