1 owner White 1985 GTE Hatch for sale

11 hours ago, garymanc said:

that looks like a coupe roof  , difficult to tell with crap photo's  and would be correct seats gte with orange piped recaro's 

You might well be right about it being a coupe, but If it is an 85 model as per the ebay listing, it should have the earlier Daytona interior.

Edited by Monaco Blue

WTH :blink:only two very poor photo's showing not much at all=11 bids and  £3700, I must of missed something somewhere along the way I quess:blink:

But on the otherhand may be the 11 bidders have been to see it in person and have discovered its a bit of sleeping beauty,so judgement reserved if that's the case.

On the whole though I agree with rapierdave ,jacks old car is good to go at only £300 more,at this point of the auction.:blink:

10 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

You might well be right about it being a coupe, but If it is an 85 model as per the ebay listing, it should have the earlier Daytona interior.

also had recaro with orange piping in that year

19 minutes ago, evo3000 said:

Perfect panel gap in that one picB).....,was the the Chicago grey not introduced until the 86 model gte's though dan so a bit confused.com on that one TBH.:blink:

That was my thoughts too re the Chicago trim. I reckon it was introduced for the 87MY GT/E's which probably arrived in the UK around August 86 or late C reg cars. 

I see it has broken through the£5K barrier now! 

Edited by Monaco Blue

Now seems to have added more photos, looks nice and clean inside the car and boot. Not sure on where they located the radio, must of not had many passengers, (but only minor detail) :ph34r:.

Just hope the seller isn't let down by the winning bid as it helps to keep the pricing up on our cars.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, garymanc said:

hopefully it will make good money and get back on the road and kept standard

Seconded.

I see it's up to £7600 now!! That's a lot of cash never mind what may need to be spent to get it restored. Last MOT was in 2007.

I can't help get the feeling it's going to end up being re-listed at some point in the future. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

okay as I write it's at £10,001! I smell BS and it's very strong! 

Cue every Manta owner stating that "if this is worth £10K + mine must be worth £15K"

Seriously though what is going on here ? Is it someone who really wants that car or is it just a messer or friend of the seller pushing up the price ?

If the car had been put at £10,000 as a classified ad would it have attracted offers ?

Manta values have been rising by roughly 20% PA for the last five years, the most sought after being the post 1982 Coupes especially Exclusives.

The recent I200 that sold for £10k within hours was IMO undervalued.

I agree with what someone else said earlier that I expect this GTE to be re-listed after the auction ends.

Any way we are all watching like hawks until the auction ends ;)

• Like 3

Looking at the bidders profile who took the car to £9999.99, seems to have had some activity on eBay, but still looks like 100% positive feedback.

Bid retractions: s.gif5
Bid retractions (6 months):

s.gif13

The person winning is very active on the car scene at the moment bidding on a whole range of cars and accessories in the past 10 days (27 items/cars).

I do hope it does sell for current price, no reason why the SR Manta is not worth it's asking price as we know they were built of better metal and processes.

Hi all, I'm the bloke trying to sell my mums Manta GTE. You may have noticed the bid has come down after the time waster retracted his playful bid.

The car is pretty much original as the day it left the showroom here in Liverpool.The radio was indeed an added 'upgrade'. The interior is very good and ORIGINAL. I did list the car as a 1985 model, but the car was bought 01/08/1986,my mistake. It will probably end up being relisted on EBay as someone has already mentioned.

Hopefully with genuine bids !!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kwacker said:

Hi all, I'm the bloke trying to sell my mums Manta GTE. You may have noticed the bid has come down after the time waster retracted his playful bid.

The car is pretty much original as the day it left the showroom here in Liverpool.The radio was indeed an added 'upgrade'. The interior is very good and ORIGINAL. I did list the car as a 1985 model, but the car was bought 01/08/1986,my mistake. It will probably end up being relisted on EBay as someone has already mentioned.

Hopefully with genuine bids !!!

Well hopefully it will go to a new home and you won't get messed around, and be kept original as it seems there's only mine still left in original gte coupe form. 

• Like 1

Going to try to keep mine original too, need to get those pesky rear quarters fitted, had a look at Mr Abbotts Cosworth GTE rear quarter thread for inspiration and it looks very tricky! I'm having to blinking move house before the end of March too :unsure: not looking forward to that. 

Edited by TheRealExile
Can't type
  • Like 1

Some bidders tend to put in artificial high bids to find out what an opposing bidder's maximum bid is, so while he withdrew his bid chances are he may well bid again as auction nears end. That's one reason I never bid myself on  Ebay items, preferring to use a snipe program that bids my maximum amount seconds before auction ends.

If my bid is successful I have my item at a price I am happy to pay, otherwise it was too much. Also prevents getting into 'bidding wars'.

• Like 2