Wiring diagram 2.4 cih

yeti132

As far as i know you will need a full 2.2 set up to run this inc plenum.the full setup including loom,ecu,different ign trigger amp,idle speed and advance modules.someone will soon be along to confirm or offer advice for definate. Cheers.

Wiring diag for this is then quite well shown in haynes carlton book

3 hours ago, cam.in.head said:

As far as i know you will need a full 2.2 set up to run this inc plenum.the full setup including loom,ecu,different ign trigger amp,idle speed and advance modules.someone will soon be along to confirm or offer advice for definate. Cheers.

Wiring diag for this is then quite well shown in haynes carlton book

Not what the OP asked. Motronic 1.5 is quite simple and way better.

More than a decade ago I wrote to Haynes and said I'm putting a 2.4 in a Manta, I have the Manta Haynes manual but don't want to but a whole frontera manual for a couple of pages.  They sent me photocopies of the wiring :thumbup

OP your plenum options are 2.2 casting, 3.0 casting shortened or at a  push redrilling dowels on an GTE plenum  (IIRC)

Edited by mantadoc

If, and its a big if, you can fine an Omega A / Carlton 2.4 harness and ECU its as easy to plug in as a Red top. The last one i done was a heavy modded Omega A loom as we were running Air Con and we were also running the evaporation valve, crank sensor (will need the Frontera Oil Pump Cover) and CO sensor. ECU sits in the same place as a normal ECU and plugs in to the four pin block by the heater motor

Cheers

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Here you go - it's a page I made up for my recent Manta project but it has what you need - you can ignore anything after trace 428. X55/K62 don't exist in the standard Motronic loom, I added it to run the fuel pump for 5 seconds after the ignition is turned on to prime the fuel system, that makes the car start an awful lot better!

Hope it's useful. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Nick

SupplementaryPage1.pdf

...When I try to click on the pdf Nick provided, I get an error, saying my account doesn't have access:

'The page you are trying to access is not available for your account'

Anyone else have that issue?

Strange. Oh well, try this one - it's from my Dropbox account.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9okypchos3rpoy/SupplementaryPage1.pdf?dl=0

It should show the diagram in the browser but there's a "Download" button on the top right of the page so you can save a copy.

Cheers,
Nick

Edited by CalCol